• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20/21 Season

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
5 substitutions allowed in the Premier League next season.
I hope that nonsense is not coming to the EFL.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
5 substitutions allowed in the Premier League next season.
I hope that nonsense is not coming to the EFL.
It will - probably along with these stupid half breaks, tis all b****cks.
Increasing the costs to clubs

Fareham Grecian

It will - probably along with these stupid half breaks, tis all b****cks.
Increasing the costs to clubs
I seem to recall the broadcasters suggested playing games as four quarters to allow more advertising a few years ago, and it was laughed out. Now they have got their way by pretending it was due to the pandemic.

Legohead

Banned
Why do they have these breaks anyway? It's not as if it's as hot as on Mars out there at the moment.

IBA

I'm all in favour of breaks

Grecian2K

Why do they have these breaks anyway? It's not as if it's as hot as on Mars out there at the moment.
ermmm? The average temperature on Mars is around MINUS 60 centigrade.

I know it can be parky oop norf, but really????................ :p

Legohead

Banned
Is it?! Maybe I should have used the Sun as a better example. My astronomy knowledge is severely limited. :LOL:

LOG

I think it's the same reason as for allowing five subs in that they haven't had a full pre season so aren't thought to be as match fit as they'd normally be. It doesn't really look like anyone is much in favour of the first half break in particular though.

Legohead

Banned
If I was getting 150k a week i'd pretty much run non stop for 90 minutes no questions asked. Can always have a rest after. It's not as if they are running a marathon. If it's boiling hot then fair enough, have drinks breaks. If not then they should just bloody get on with the game. #mollycoddledpremierleaguefootballers

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting discussion on The Price of Football podcast about the potential restrictions when the season starts.Expected reduced capacity is no surprise to anybody,the knock on from that will probably be no away fans at grounds as clubs will want any capacity for their own supporters.