• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20/21 Season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Would imagine well have four games without supporters two home and two away...hopefully a couple of unattractive games against Morecambe and Macclesfield to minimise loses.
Hopefully not Barrow or Bolton away, two grounds for me to tick off.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully not Barrow or Bolton away, two grounds for me to tick off.
Or Harrogate 😁

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Or Harrogate 😁
I'm assuming one of the old boys will be back up. But yes, Harrogate away would be something to look forward to.

Red Devon

I'm assuming one of the old boys will be back up. But yes, Harrogate away would be something to look forward to.
Imagine if Barnet go up after finishing 11th

Oldsmobile-88

Would imagine well have four games without supporters two home and two away.
As I have mentioned a few times,I can’t see the wisdom of starting without fans,very damaging to football at levels below the PL.

I have yet to see a good reason for it...The Euros & finishing by early May are not good reasons for clubs in L1 & L2.

Oldsmobile-88

Imagine if Barnet go up after finishing 11th
Nailed on 🤣🤣

Red Devon

As I have mentioned a few times,I can’t see the wisdom of starting without fans,very damaging to football at levels below the PL.

I have yet to see a good reason for it...The Euros & finishing by early May are not good reasons for clubs in L1 & L2.
I don’t get it at all, its like they have done with some schools rushing them back for two weeks in July just before the start of a six week holiday just let it roll on into late May...much more favourable time of year for supporters to watching two games a week In Apri, May time rather the dark, cold November, December.

Oldsmobile-88

I don’t get it at all, its like they have done with some schools rushing them back for two weeks in July just before the start of a six week holiday just let it roll on into late May...much more favourable time of year for supporters to watching two games a week In Apri, May time rather the dark, cold November, December.
I imagine there was a consensus & then vote on the start date from EFL clubs.Very odd.

MT stated in a interview recently that the club favoured a 12th Sept start.
There must be a rationale for that start date but none has been forthcoming.
Fans who have paid for Season Tickets should be told the reasons behind the thinking of the September start without spectators

Do L1 & L2 clubs have the same voting rights as Championship clubs ?

Red Devon

I imagine there was a consensus & then vote on the start date from EFL clubs.Very odd.

MT stated in a interview recently that the club favoured a 12th Sept start.
There must be a rationale for that start date but none has been forthcoming.
Fans who have paid for Season Tickets should be told the reasons behind the thinking of the September start without spectators

Do L1 & L2 clubs have the same voting rights as Championship clubs ?
I’ve no idea on voting rights.....from a pure footballing point of view the decision itself just seems very strange, that opening day of the season optimism fans feel up and down the country could be long gone for some by October.

Oldsmobile-88

from a pure footballing point of view the decision itself just seems very strange, that opening day of the season optimism fans feel up and down the country could be long gone for some by October.
Exactly.The 1st game of the season is what it’s all about..Also some fans getting out of the habit of their Saturday live football fix.