• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20/21 Season

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes thought Dodd was more attacking. I’d like to see Collins push forward but I think he does a better job further back than Taylor...

edit From my original post. I think Dean is still 19 actually.
Yes, Will Dean 20 at the end of September.

Boyo

Looks like we only have 15 players over the age of 21. The new playing budget rules would only apply to those guys I believe.

LOG

Word on the street is that the fixtures will come out on 21st August.

Oldsmobile-88

Word on the street is that the fixtures will come out on 21st August.
I look forward to that usually,planning a few away trips,but it looks very unlikely that away fans will be allowed at grounds next season ☹

Red Devon

I look forward to that usually,planning a few away trips,but it looks very unlikely that away fans will be allowed at grounds next season ☹
I haven’t seen that 😌 Not even small numbers?

LOG

I don't think the EFL have decided about away fans yet.

What it may come down to is the capacities of grounds and how their layout affects the ability to social distance and then to consider how many home season ticket holders there are. It may be that to accommodate season ticket holders, away sections have to be given over to home fans.

I'm only speculating, mind.

Oldsmobile-88

I haven’t seen that 😌 Not even small numbers?
It was talked about on the Price of Football podcast.
Clubs are unlikely to want to accommodate away fans if stadiums are down to 20-30% capacity.
They will obviously want any reduced ground space to fit in home support.

Oldsmobile-88

What it may come down to is the capacities of grounds and how their layout affects the ability to social distance and then to consider how many home season ticket holders there are. It may be that to accommodate season ticket holders, away sections have to be given over to home fans.

I'm only speculating, mind.
Traveling about the country on trains & coach’s to areas that may have a higher infection rate will no doubt be in the thinking when a decision is made.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Four and a bit weeks to go to the start of the season. A lot can happen in that time, and I'm still optimistic that we will be allowed in to watch the football.

Oldsmobile-88

Four and a bit weeks to go to the start of the season. A lot can happen in that time, and I'm still optimistic that we will be allowed in to watch the football.
Here’s hoping.
I just want to see a bit of consistency...Demo ok.Pubs ok.Beach ok.Packed High St ok.Football grounds a no go.
It does not make sense at the moment.

I think some people in government don’t really care if the national game at lower levels is trashed.

While there is this obsession with positive test figures at the moment in the media & government,stopping sports gatherings is a easy option.

No doubt ‘following the science’ will be trotted again if games do not start with crowds..The science ain’t always right.
A judgement call in good faith by our leaders would be a good start(a rare quality in life these days by those in public office)