• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

11am KO?

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would love that leaving in daylight.
The speed I went back to the car once it all got dodgy I reckon I could give the paralympics a go.
My Dad will be pushing my manual wheelchair on the 11th so he had better get some training in! ;)
Any KO time for me ok I will be there.

Last edited:

stateless

12pm KO would be a good idea. 11am is too earlier for exiles to get down. On the day of the game I will be coming from leicester. Already having to get up at 5am.
th M69 / M5 / M4 will be clogged by the both of us at 5am then - also travelling down from Leicester.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The speed I went back to the car once it all got dodgy I reckon I could give the paralympics a go.
That was the first time after a game,that you did not stop for a chat with anyone,i expect..:D...

Remember Rochdale...lol....City Casual was not amused ;)

Last edited:

Jean Jeannie

That was the first time after a game,that you did not stop for a chat with anyone,i expect..:D...

Remember Rochdale...lol....City Casual was not amused ;)
:D Great post....

drake

Having an earlier kick off isnt even going to prevent trouble, it just means it kicks off earlier, and Exeter fans can hang around Plymouth after for longer. Keep it to 3pm, as said previously by someone, if you can't handle it, don't go.
i agree with a part of that. To be fair. No matter what time of the day it is. Mon to sun . 6am or 10am it wont make much difference! Most of the scum who like to associate them selves with my beloved argyle prob dont have jobs to go to and their giros paid directly to their account these days! If these people want trouble they will still find it. The only problem being is if anyone does kick off whilst attending an early kick off then its just going to be horrible viewing for the normal public going about their daily lives. Leave it as it is and just add more police i reckon

jimmy

Having an earlier kick off isnt even going to prevent trouble, it just means it kicks off earlier, and Exeter fans can hang around Plymouth after for longer. Keep it to 3pm, as said previously by someone, if you can't handle it, don't go.
It's not just a matter of 'not being able to handle it'. I got hit round the face with a wooden bat on my way up that dark hill outside the ground..horrible times and my heart goes out to anyone else targeted. Argyle have a large amount of horrible 'followers' and trouble must be minimilised.

I think the only people who can 'handle' being chased by several argyle d**kheads are those buoys in the boxing match at the weekend.

taunton pilgrim

Still dont know why the police havnt thought about keeping us Argyle fans in untill the Exeter coaches and cars have left. For one game it might be an idea, and im sure most of us will be willing to give 10mins of our time for our Exeter guests. Still prefer a 3pm kick off, enjoy my wets before games.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still dont know why the police havnt thought about keeping us Argyle fans in untill the Exeter coaches and cars have left. For one game it might be an idea, and im sure most of us will be willing to give 10mins of our time for our Exeter guests. Still prefer a 3pm kick off, enjoy my wets before games.
Police wont be able to do it in 10 minutes, they kept us back for ages after and still it went off

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
They would never keep Argyle fans in as there would be a riot inside and the plod couldn't cope with it and neither could PAFC. they'd be ripping up seats and causing more damage.

Best to let them all out and disperse them, then let us all out. Or let us have the other end, but that won't happen either.

Personally I think they should never have put the away end where it is.

Also, I think it will be just as bad when we go down there next month because every numpty that wants a fight fand lives in Exeter will travel to Plymouth just for a ruck, tit for tat, like.

I'll still be going regardless, but hopefully plod will be able to cope this time.

Last edited:

taunton pilgrim

I see what you mean about away end being the wrong end so to speak, devonport end would be ideal for away fans getting to car park easier and quicker. It is an awkward situation, but with the amount of police expected to be on duty next time im sure and hope there is no trouble around the ground and car park. City centre is a different matter though.