• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Travel Coach to Grimsby

East Devon Grecian mini bus has also been cancelled on health and safety. Can't believe match is still on after Port Vale being cancelled due it being unsafe for there fans to travel. We wish the team a very safe journey and a win.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jonesy is kicking the team up to Birmingham, Marcus Stewart is flicking them on to Neil Saunders in Sheffield who will lob them past the despairing citizens of Grimbsy into the back of Cleethorpes ;)

Seriously though, safe travel to those that go.

Antony Moxey

Based on the decision to call off the Port Vale match this week, the Grimsby match should be called off now
Based on the decision to call off the Port Vale match this week, every bloody game for the rest of the season should be called off now.

Spoonz Red E

I've just heard that the East Devon Grecian's bus won't be travelling either.

I've informed Lincolnshire that they can stand down their border guards. There will be no renegade apple-cake smuggling this weekend ;)

give me a C
see me by the radio
give me an I
I will be listening to the match
give me a T
A nice pot of tea on the go
give me a Y
Why not - I fancies our chances I do

Forever7

I hear some of the players cant even get to the coach. Trouble is the weather is ok in Grimsby so they will be expected to play,the pitch is soaking and the expected temperature is -3 tonight, so could be frozen in the morning. As the weather is expected to deteriorate why not do everybody a favour and call it off. Safety is paramount.
Totally agree.

From what I can gather, ECFC have tried to get the game called off because of all the problems in getting to Grimsby. They were due to fly, but the flights were cancelled, the coach then couldn't get out of the depot, players couldn't get to the coach and that is not to mention the weather forecast! However, they have been told by the Football league they must do everything possible to ensure they get to Grimsby, even if it means setting off tomorrow morning.

In my opinion, the FL have shown absolutely no regard to the safety of players, officials or supporters. Do they not watch the news? Are they unaware of the conditions in the Westcountry, the lack of grit and salt to treat the icy roads and the fact the M5 has been shut due to the weather conditions?

I think the FL are taking Bill Shankly's quote that "Football is not a matter of life or death, it is more important than that" a little too literally. T*ssers.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where's the Elf & Safety when you need 'em?

i_m

Antony Moxey

they have been told by the Football league they must do everything possible to ensure they get to Grimsby, even if it means setting off tomorrow morning.
I'd suggest they have done exactly that, and if I were Taggy I'd be tipping the wink to the bus firm to say none of their vehicles will be running tomorrow either should the FL decide we didn't try hard enough.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, the Turks game was called off on Tuesday, because the police advised Weymouth not to make the journey, so can't the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary do the same

Last edited:

Poultice

Normally I would slate everybody involved for abject Pussyism, we just have a balmy drizzle here in the Far Eat, but it does look a tad fubar out there in Indian Country, could be the smallest turn out of Travelling Grecians this season should the game go ahead, remember the 76 at York.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the Turks game was called off on Tuesday, because the police advised Weymouth not to make the journey, so can't the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary do the same
Not to mention their match tomorrow off for the reason of, er, Torquay can't get up to Barrow.