• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Pierce will be back for Tuesday and a new face in the squad.
Blimey if we play a three day old that would Shirley be a new world record ! :cool:

tom_ecfc

I forgot my ticket. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered getting a replacement!

First game for my great nephew, he enjoyed the experience and got a shirt to encourage future loyalties.

We've seen some good football so far this season which made today even more disappointing.

Kegs struggled but hopefully with more game time he'll improve.

Hopefully Pierce will be back for Tuesday and a new face in the squad.
From reading the post match reports, it looks unlikely we‘ll be getting anyone else in before Tuesday‘s game.

I found it slightly strange that Kegs didn’t start against Cheltenham in the cup. It was inevitable that injuries or squad rotation would come into it whilst we start the season with the Tuesday Saturday, Tuesday Saturday matches. The only thing I can think Taylor had in mind is that we would have got some more bodies in before this run of matches.

chunkymorrinmunter

I fear Dieng and Jay won't quite cut it at this level. But Kite, Collins, Brown and Nombe will, with the right players alongside them.
MJ not the same player since Bowman left us

STURTZ

Cheltenham played like league 2 relegation candidates, we were never very good at those. Imagine the game has been described to death. Should have taken early chances, blind ref, thin squad, missed Brown and Sweeny, Jay anonymous. And a team that spent the whole game time wasting....

Awful game, hope we can move on. That massive journey to Gillingham on tusday now seems a bit of a liability! Perhaps we can swap our cup and league results v Cheltershite.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two very poor sides competing today. Looked like a very bad, disjointed League Two game. I thought Archie Collins had some classy moments but everyone else looked poor. Diabate in the second half especially just kept putting the ball out of play trying to recreate his through ball to Matt Jay from the Wycombe game.

On top of that, I had the misfortune of sitting in front of 4 ECFC Women's players who were criticising and swearing at the players throughout. I would have thought they'd be a bit more appreciative of the team which literally subsidises their entire existence but, much like the England Women's team who also depend entirely on subsidies from the men's game, all they could offer was criticism and negativity. Very frustrating to have to listen to; particularly when I know exactly how low the standard of their matches is.
Regardless of anything else, if they are representing the club someone should be reminding them of their responsibilities.

Blacky

One to forget.
Cheltenham were awful, and the ref let it happen for far too long.
Distribution from either side of Stubbs never got going - sparkes and key couldn't beat the double up, although caprice did. Collins and kite looked tidy, but the ball never stuck.
Jay and Nombe fed of bits really. I wonder if Jay could have dropped back 15 or so and buzzed about between the lines.....and fed a bit more ....

Long time since last post, season ticket holder - onwards again

STURTZ

You can bet that Stubbs, after playing those 60 minutes, will be out for the next three games.

IndoMike

Interesting to see who will play in centre of back 3. Diabate I imagine....
I agreed with this when you posted it.
I don't know why Matt made 2 changes in defence, rather than keep Diabete at centre back and do a direct swap Stubbs for Sweenz.

IndoMike

Got to get the goals in , they’ll regroup after halftime. 0-0 always dangerous.
By the way, you were right about Jevsni. He was sorely missed

STURTZ

Difference in the sides was Nlundula (on loan from Southampton), powerful running, persistence, strength and a good strike.