• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was a terrible game, worse than most I saw in League Two last season.
I can't think of too many positives, I'm sure there will be new faces in soon so you would think that players would be stepping up, but I didn't think we looked like scoring second half at all.
Is it fatigue or just missing Jevani and Pierce?
I like Cheick but we shouldn't be relying on him to put the majority of crosses in and take half the throw ins.
But overall, a bad day at the office, and one that I doubt will be remembered at the end of the season

Mid Devon Grecian

Cheltenham‘s only strength was the height of their back five hence why they won practically every header at the back all afternoon.
One has to wonder why we continually pumped aimless balls for them to eat up all afternoon. Pointless.

tom_ecfc

This will be a completely different game to the 7-0 cup game. How often do teams lose a 2nd game when winning by a large margin in the first game. I’m going for a 2-2 draw, but really feel this is a game we should be winning at home against another team which will in the lower areas of the league, if we want to become a permanent L1 side.
I don’t like to say ‘told you so’ but, told you so! 😉

rifraf

Disappointing to lose at home to a team that's likely to get relegated........ time to move on.

KentGrecian

I agree, the game was very similar to the match against PV last season. We can't seem to breakdown defences very well. I enjoyed my day though, matchdays at SJP have really improved last couple of seasons!

KentGrecian

Also, anyone got the Selco advert going round their head? #itswherethetradego...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is going to set hare's running but Dieng reminded of Atagana of last season and Cox looked very similar to Seymour.
Harsh on Cox to say that. He was only on the pitch a short period of time and did nothing wrong. To compare him to Seymour, who had countless opportunities and is 5 years older, is simply unfair.

arthur

Dieng's game is better suited to league Two.

I worry that he will struggle in this league.
I fear Dieng and Jay won't quite cut it at this level. But Kite, Collins, Brown and Nombe will, with the right players alongside them.

Red Devon

Harsh on Cox to say that. He was only on the pitch a short period of time and did nothing wrong. To compare him to Seymour, who had countless opportunities and is 5 years older, is simply unfair.
Was actually unlucky when he just let the ball run off his shoulder near the end otherwise he’d have been in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I forgot my ticket. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered getting a replacement!

First game for my great nephew, he enjoyed the experience and got a shirt to encourage future loyalties.

We've seen some good football so far this season which made today even more disappointing.

Kegs struggled but hopefully with more game time he'll improve.

Hopefully Pierce will be back for Tuesday and a new face in the squad.