• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Carlisle Utd Matchday thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find it quite incredible that here we are on an amazing unbeaten run, top of the form table, second in the actual table, and yet I'm still reading sarky critical digs at the manager. FFS, no pleasing some. Bleddy wannabe football managers.
I found it amusing yesterday listening to someone who works in hospitality moaning if we’re to be successful Taylor needs to stop changing formations and keep to the one system. The irony of us being on a record breaking unbeaten run seemed lost on him, however having heard plenty of his pearls of wisdom over the years I think he prefers volume to accuracy.

iscalad

Dont you just love those die hard fans who know our players so well ...........:)
He's a regular as well. Also he has no clue about the offside laws

budegrecian

He's a regular as well. Also he has no clue about the offside laws
The linesman?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not only could Caprice have got a hattrick with a bit more composure, but he could have got a couple of assists if he had laid the ball off as we came charging out with a 4on 1 or 2, but instead he pulled back and allowed them to consolidate. Probably still getting into the flow of the game, but it would have made the final few minutes less nervous. I am pleased that he did finally score, I am sure we will see a few more before the seasons out

Andy_H

It's a bit difficult but, watching the highlights and standing on the BB i noticed that the Mellish initially stayed on the ground, then took a crafty look up and obviously saw the Ref heading his way so, knowing he was as guilty as hell, clutched his leg and started rolling around! But the ref had already made his mind up by then and out came the Red Card, suddenly Mellish made a remarkable recovery!
Maybe Drs should be given Football Red cards to show to patients if they have such remarkable powers of aiding recovery from 'life threatening' injuries'!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could win 10-0 and you'd get someone saying it should've been 11.
Should have been 12 !

arthur

We started 4-4-2 with Coley and Brown on the wings then switched to 3 at the break when Grounds came on. I know lots of people think 3 at the back is too defensive but it just seems to suit our players better.
We played literally 3 at the back because we were only against ten players. Key and Caprice were not any kind of backs in this set up (not wing or full), but were attacking wide players. This is a completely different set up from the normal "3 at the back" when the wing backs all too often become full backs.....

Pete Martin (CTID)

I found it amusing yesterday listening to someone who works in hospitality moaning if we’re to be successful Taylor needs to stop changing formations and keep to the one system. The irony of us being on a record breaking unbeaten run seemed lost on him, however having heard plenty of his pearls of wisdom over the years I think he prefers volume to accuracy.
I had three guys seated to the left of me yesterday wearing hospitality wristbands and they remained expressionless and, seemingly, emotionless throughout the entire match. The one closest to me spent most of the game checking the PL scores on his phone. I know it wasn't exactly a gripping encounter, but......

Pobbop

I mean I am deliriously happy, but there are slightly worrying things, why are sparkes and stubbs out again? Do we need striker back-up as Cox hasn't come through and amond isn't one of our players, we didn't look good in a 4, so we only have one formation we can go with, and opposite to what those people may have said I'd rather options.

Yet **** all that 5 matches win streak, longest away and home unbeaten stretches for any team in the League ATM, record unbeaten run for us in all comps, if you can't be happy at this stage, you'll never be darned happy, away and support someone else

fred binneys head

I had three guys seated to the left of me yesterday wearing hospitality wristbands and they remained expressionless and, seemingly, emotionless throughout the entire match. The one closest to me spent most of the game checking the PL scores on his phone. I know it wasn't exactly a gripping encounter, but......
That’s always going to be the case though, I’ve been in hospitality plenty of times at Old Trafford, Villa Park, Pride Park and Wembley and I’ve always been checking my phone for the City score 😉