• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Carlisle Utd Matchday thread

Name the teams in the current top half of the table that we've beaten...

FGR - drawn at home
Port Vale - yet to play (away 18th December)
Swindon - yet to play (home on Boxing Day)
Northampton (home 7th December)
Orient - lost away
Harrogate - drew away
Newport - drew at home
Sutton - won at home
Bradford -drew at home
Tranmere - yet to play (home 11th December)
Hartlepool -drew away

Like I said earlier, if we get to the New Year relatively unscathed it might sway me.
I agree that our form against the bottom half of the table is much stronger but our recent games, when our form has been stronger, have been against lower teams - we can’t help that. FGR have only won 3 of 9 against top half teams and have lost 2 at home ….. I, personally, am happy to keep beating the poor teams (which we have struggled to do historically) and picking up wins/draws against the better teams!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that our form against the bottom half of the table is much stronger but our recent games, when our form has been stronger, have been against lower teams - we can’t help that. FGR have only won 3 of 9 against top half teams and have lost 2 at home ….. I, personally, am happy to keep beating the poor teams (which we have struggled to do historically) and picking up wins/draws against the better teams!
Half wins and half draws will always get you automatic promotion.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Name the teams you've seen that look better than us.
Small margins in League Two…games against Oldham, Carlisle etc near the bottom are no easier than matches against teams near the top Northampton, Port Vale etc….example being Port Vale losing to Oldham at the weekend although it wasn’t that much of a surprise for anyone who saw Oldham play the previous week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Devonlive appear to have given the first goal to Grounds....

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Devonlive appear to have given the first goal to Grounds....

As it should be particularly looking at the 360