• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Arthur

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both in the same league though Barum have lost all 8 games so far
Jack should get plenty of practice then :) Is there a reason why the Bideford loan finished does anyone know?

budegrecian

He'll certainly get plenty of action there; they've taken some real hammerings!
Anyway, good luck to him.

The deluder

He'll certainly get plenty of action there; they've taken some real hammerings!
Anyway, good luck to him.
Sorry to be negative about the lad (and without ever seeing him play) but I do fail see why he was given a professional contract. With Lee and Sowden both younger and above him in the pecking order. Hope to be proved wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry to be negative about the lad (and without ever seeing him play) but I do fail see why he was given a professional contract. With Lee and Sowden both younger and above him in the pecking order. Hope to be proved wrong.
In what way is Sowden above him in the pecking order?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
At first sight it appears strange if you look at things in the very short term. However, given our first choice keeper will almost certainly not be with us next season and potentially beyond January and the potential for Harry Lee to attract bids himself in the next 12-18 months perhaps Jack is seen as a longer term prospect to play for us?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depends on when Arthur signed his contract though. Remember that Lee signing was "not a given" until late in the day, so Arthur could well have been already under contract.

Edna Clouds

I thought he looked promising in the one pre season game I saw. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench next season.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Bideford and Barnstaple have effectively swapped goalkeepers.

i8cornwall

Jack should get plenty of practice then :) Is there a reason why the Bideford loan finished does anyone know?
Bideford signed Barnstaple keeper.

From a friend who watches Barnstaple regularly the club is apparently up shit creek.

Wish jack luck though, he is gonna need it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus. He's only 18, would have missed going out on loan last year and IIRC at the same age Ollie Watkins was at WSM?