• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've got some leave coming up after the schools return after Easter, so have asked SWR whether I can make non-essential journeys on their trains. But they're not able to confirm at this moment :(

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've got some leave coming up after the schools return after Easter, so have asked SWR whether I can make non-essential journeys on their trains. But they're not able to confirm at this moment :(
I go on SWR trains nearly everyday for work i may add and there are not many on there doing "essential" journeys, You'll be fine, Where you going?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I go on SWR trains nearly everyday for work i may add and there are not many on there doing "essential" journeys, You'll be fine, Where you going?
At the moment I am completely open on where I might go. Though the seaside at Sussex/Dorset looks good.

DB9

At the moment I am completely open on where I might go. Though the seaside at Sussex/Dorset looks good.
Sounds nice, Just be aware though Hants, I think SWR are taking advantage of not many people using the trains and are having quite a few bus replacements on their lines because of engineering works, Just check before you decide. (y)

Oldsmobile-88

I can recommend Eastbourne...It has a reputation for gods waiting room it has great sea front & pier.
The last time I went there(Tennis 2019) I couldn’t find my car.The wide roads with the lovely Victorian & Edwardian houses all look same.It took me about 45 mins to find it..😁

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
There seems to be a growing anti-scientist movement which has to be of great concern. Instead people are being taken in by conspiracy theories having watched a YouTube Video.
This is quite an ignorant comment. Maybe there are people out there who don't waste their lives watching endless youtube nonsense but who do see and hear widely differing opinions on the same subject by many different scientists and are confused. Then it's a case of who is right? Who do you believe?

Perhaps consider this rather than casting inaccurate blanket aspersions of anyone who doubts the mainstream thinking.

DB9

I can recommend Eastbourne...It has a reputation for gods waiting room it has great sea front & pier.
The last time I went there(Tennis 2019) I couldn’t find my car.The wide roads with the lovely Victorian & Edwardian houses all look same.It took me about 45 mins to find it..😁
Sounds like you were in the right place Olds! :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can recommend Eastbourne
Beachy Head towards Birling Gap is a pleasant local area, with its chalk cliffs.

Grecian2K

Nurses' union anger over 'pitiful' 1% NHS pay rise - BBC News

Never mind. Bozo & Co can just mobilise the "happy clappers" again to compensate. That should be thanks enough for their efforts all the way through Covid.
#SmashTheNHS VoteTory

Legohead

Banned
Wouldn't it be refreshing and honest if the Tories admitted to making a huge mistake regarding the procurement of PPE, admitted to putting medical staff at increased risk and apologised for it. Then finding the exact same amount of money they spaffed on their crony mates for pay rises.