• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is quite an ignorant comment.
Actually it was intellectually brilliant.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The person who had tested positive with the Brazilian strain has now been found. You'd think we would have a tracing system in place!

How dare you.

A mere £44 Billion spaffed so far. Cheap at the price (for Dildo, plus Rupert and his insatiable stakeholders.) 🥂💰kerchings all round💰🥂

tavyred

According to Matt Hancock thanks to vaccinations the link between COVID and serious illness/deaths is breaking.
Great news.

Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

The person who had tested positive with the Brazilian strain has now been found. You'd think we would have a tracing system in place!

Is it true that they were located at an illegal waxing parlour?

DB9

Is it true that they were located at an illegal waxing parlour?
Yep, They were torn off a strip!

Grecian2K

What's in a number?
THEN

AND NOW

Still, let's not quibble about a decimal point (or eight) eh?

Legohead

Banned
I have read that a starting salary for the lowest band nurse is 24k. If this is correct then it's far more than my key worker partner gets for often doing hours of unpaid overtime in animal rescue. My partner is on about 18k a year, works every other weekend plus Christmas every year and does many hours overtime that is unpaid.

Nurses deserve more than 1% which is clearly derisory, but if this is true and they start at 24k then they are lucky to be in such a fortunate position compared to many others in society and if they strike that means more waiting in pain for patients like myself who have been waiting patiently for far longer than is acceptable for treatment.

Grecian2K

Fair enough Lego but £24k is still well below the UK average wage of £31.5k. And that for a job that requires in most cases, even at entry level, completion of a university degree course.

I sympathise with your partner's position (which is barely the minimum wage for a 40 hour week) but that is also surely something between them and their employer.

"Sweatshop" wages and exploitation - or compulsion - of employees goodwill regards to low pay and excessive hours is and long has been, IMHO, a national scandal but one which (I fear) is not likely to be addressed in this "brave new world" of the gig economy.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Almost a million tests yesterday alone. No doubt inflated by the school numbers.

Mr Jinx

Fair enough Lego but £24k is still well below the UK average wage of £31.5k. And that for a job that requires in most cases, even at entry level, completion of a university degree course.

I sympathise with your partner's position (which is barely the minimum wage for a 40 hour week) but that is also surely something between them and their employer.

"Sweatshop" wages and exploitation - or compulsion - of employees goodwill regards to low pay and excessive hours is and long has been, IMHO, a national scandal but one which (I fear) is not likely to be addressed in this "brave new world" of the gig economy.
The average wage of a UK nurse is actually £33.5k.

Here to help.

Besides, if money is your thing I suggest you avoid nursing. Try getting a job in investment banking. Or if that's too cut throat for you, try angling for an executive non-job at the bbc.