• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Britain's high Covid death rate was fuelled by its obesity epidemic a new study has revealed.

They could have saved time & money and not bothered with a study - it was pretty obvious from early on. Anyway, at least we have the explanation now.

It's why Hancock got away with the sniffles, whilst Bunter had to spend a week or two in hospital sucking wind.

Once you're obese, all bets are off when it comes to health. It's not rocket science. Just ask an actuary.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I know. I think they'd be tickled by this:

Jurgen the German - YouTube
Indeed and the linky thing took me on to William Ulsterman... another classic :)

Legohead

Banned
Idiot scientist on the radio at the moment. Advocating face masks forever it sounds like. Citing the disappearance of flu thanks to the mask wearing. Maybe someone should tell the scientist that we've also not been allowed to see anyone else for about 3 months so maybe that has played a more significant role?

Note to scientist: It is not feasible to lock people away and keep people away from each other during flu season. It is the fact that people aren't mixing with other people that has played the biggest role in the stopping of the spread of flu. Not masks.

DB9

Idiot scientist on the radio at the moment. Advocating face masks forever it sounds like. Citing the disappearance of flu thanks to the mask wearing. Maybe someone should tell the scientist that we've also not been allowed to see anyone else for about 3 months so maybe that has played a more significant role?

Note to scientist: It is not feasible to lock people away and keep people away from each other during flu season. It is the fact that people aren't mixing with other people that has played the biggest role in the stopping of the spread of flu. Not masks.
Well he is telling the truth really Lego (Other than forever), Normally without masks during winter/flu season you get people snotting everywhere, Sneezing without a hanky etc and going to work while ill to spread it round to others, Wiping their noses then using door handles, draw handles etc, All those things spread germs. Mask wearing, Along with washing hands more often than we did, Even the social distanc thing has helped, No one is asking people to lock themselves away for months on end its just a case of being more hygenic when not at home.

Legohead

Banned
Yes but he's claiming that it's masks that have stopped the spread of flu when in actual fact it is mostly due to people not being allowed anywhere or to meet anyone.

DB9

Yes but he's claiming that it's masks that have stopped the spread of flu when in actual fact it is mostly due to people not being allowed anywhere or to meet anyone.
No, As i see it he was saying that masks have been ONE reason for the flu to have been very quiet this past year.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No, As i see it he was saying that masks have been ONE reason for the flu to have been very quiet this past year.
Is someone unhappy that a scientist might be telling a truth?

DB9

Is someone unhappy that a scientist might be telling a truth?
I'm not sure, I think the scientist was giving reasons (Plural) why flu has been so quiet this year. That's my take on it anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure, I think the scientist was giving reasons (Plural) why flu has been so quiet this year. That's my take on it anyway.
There seems to be a growing anti-scientist movement which has to be of great concern. Instead people are being taken in by conspiracy theories having watched a YouTube Video.

DB9

There seems to be a growing anti-scientist movement which has to be of great concern. Instead people are being taken in by conspiracy theories having watched a YouTube Video.
This is a real concern to me too Hants, If you start not trusting the scienctists and then trust politicians, Who have their own agendas we go down a slippery slope. A lot of "Anti" people coming to the fore in recent years.