• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he stays, earns us promotion with the quality of his performances and then leaves on a free transfer, I would be happy with that.
The first part won't happen.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two weeks of the transfer window to go - closes on 5th October.

Plenty of time for his agent to persuade him to take something less than his aspiration.

He needs a MoM performance at Mansfield on Saturday
Don't think one performance will make much difference to his future, unless he scores 6 goals in the match. He's gonna have to shine all through the season if he wants to attract better offers.

StudentGrecian

100% agree. While the money would be helpful and MT would probably get a bit to strengthen, I think I’d prefer Randell to stay and run out his contract. Of course, Randell needs to produce. I don’t want his performances to decline as a result of this interest.
He simply has to perform this year if he is eyeing up a decent contract elsewhere next year. Nobody is going to offer him a bigger contract than Peterborough did after a poor year with us.
He is taking a big risk if he is staying with us, hopefully it brings the best out of him consistently this year!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even if he has an average season he still may end up with a much better contract next season as any club he moves to won't have to pay a transfer fee.

StudentGrecian

Even if he has an average season he still may end up with a much better contract next season as any club he moves to won't have to pay a transfer fee.
Maybe, but with salary caps I can’t see the top league one clubs using a big wage on someone who has had an average season at league 2 level.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but with salary caps I can’t see the top league one clubs using a big wage on someone who has had an average season at league 2 level.
We don't know he was offered a big wage at P'Boro, perhaps they didn't offer him much.

scottus86

He simply has to perform this year if he is eyeing up a decent contract elsewhere next year. Nobody is going to offer him a bigger contract than Peterborough did after a poor year with us.
He is taking a big risk if he is staying with us, hopefully it brings the best out of him consistently this year!
He hardly had a poor year with us. That's nonsense, didn't he have the most assists in league 2? What more do you expect from him to have an average season? Let alone a good one.

StudentGrecian

He hardly had a poor year with us. That's nonsense, didn't he have the most assists in league 2? What more do you expect from him to have an average season? Let alone a good one.
I wasn’t saying he had a poor year last year... You might want to re-read my post.

I was just suggesting if his performances drop with us this year, he isn’t likely to get a better offer than the one he just turned down to stay with us.

jrg333

You might want to re-read my post.
I'd be careful of being so patronising if you're going to use such poor grammar in the first place. You said, 'Nobody is going to offer him a bigger contract than Peterborough did after a poor year with us.' Think about what that means for a second before telling anyone to waste their time 're-reading' your post...

StudentGrecian

I'd be careful of being so patronising if you're going to use such poor grammar in the first place. You said, 'Nobody is going to offer him a bigger contract than Peterborough did after a poor year with us.' Think about what that means for a second before telling anyone to waste their time 're-reading' your post...
Wasn’t really patronising, just pointing him back to the post to read it in the context it was written. I knew the way I wrote it could be taken the post out of context, hence the reply.
Either way, glad you have taken the time out of your evening to get angered by my grammar. I’ll take your advice on board for any future posts so I don’t offend you.