• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Pobbop

Strange one this as I am genuinely not hugely bothered either way.

On his day he can make 4th division defences look silly, but on other days meh.

Wouldn't mind the money in these Covid times, but with the cash we've gotten recently, it's certainly not vital.

Think he could work brilliantly in this new system, but so could Kite, Key, Randall, Sparkes and others.

So yea, I dunno.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Funny isn’t it to have a player *not leaving* and how one feels?

i have tried to think of it the other way round. How would I feel if we had just signed Randell this week for the 200k(? - 50% of 400k) that we otherwise would have received?

i think It would be a useful, if expensive, addition to the squad, with no sell on potential as he can leave for nothing in a year. And in a position where we have potential youngsters. So having got accustomed to the idea of him leaving I am finding it difficult to get excited about him staying, even though I know he was so important to our goals last season.

supernova

Not bothered whether he stays or goes. Class on his day but too many outings like that at Wembley - not sure he's actually all that beyond the front of being able to skin his man occasionally with a cheeky stepover.

Will always be grateful though for that goal against Argyle...

IndoMike

Funny isn’t it to have a player *not leaving* and how one feels?

i have tried to think of it the other way round. How would I feel if we had just signed Randell this week for the 200k(? - 50% of 400k) that we otherwise would have received?

i think It would be a useful, if expensive, addition to the squad, with no sell on potential as he can leave for nothing in a year. And in a position where we have potential youngsters. So having got accustomed to the idea of him leaving I am finding it difficult to get excited about him staying, even though I know he was so important to our goals last season.
If we didn't have Randall, Andrew, maybe we would be more concerned. Suddenly the focus has switched and we're hoping for good things from Joel, but with patience

ChrisWickens

Looks as if he is staying with us so there is always the possibility he will see out this season and go on a "free" next year!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks as if he is staying with us so there is always the possibility he will see out this season and go on a "free" next year!

Two weeks of the transfer window to go - closes on 5th October.

Plenty of time for his agent to persuade him to take something less than his aspiration.

He needs a MoM performance at Mansfield on Saturday

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Taylor is bang on here. For Williams to have any chance of a Championship move, he needs to put in a fantastic performance on Saturday. But, I’m not convinced a club of that level will be in for him this window.

If he stays, he needs to be consistent and better his form from last season, otherwise he will only be heading to L1 in the summer.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

If he stays, earns us promotion with the quality of his performances and then leaves on a free transfer, I would be happy with that.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he stays, earns us promotion with the quality of his performances and then leaves on a free transfer, I would be happy with that.
100% agree. While the money would be helpful and MT would probably get a bit to strengthen, I think I’d prefer Randell to stay and run out his contract. Of course, Randell needs to produce. I don’t want his performances to decline as a result of this interest.

DB9

100% agree. While the money would be helpful and MT would probably get a bit to strengthen, I think I’d prefer Randell to stay and run out his contract. Of course, Randell needs to produce. I don’t want his performances to decline as a result of this interest.
Quite so, It would show the attitude of the man if he's able to produce on regular occasions what these "Bigger" think he can do, That is why they came in for him then he needs to get his head down and make sure when MT writes his team sheet his name is the first on it.