• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe his agent knows more and is expecting an offer from another club, now they will know what is acceptable by City. Back in the squad, if not the starting line up according to Matt in his pre match interview. It shows that the power is with the player these days, just as well we are not gagging for the cash. I doubt Darragh MacAnthony and Barry Fry will be happy at being turned down if there is no other offers there for Randell.

Red Devon

Maybe his agent knows more and is expecting an offer from another club, now they will know what is acceptable by City. Back in the squad, if not the starting line up according to Matt in his pre match interview. It shows that the power is with the player these days, just as well we are not gagging for the cash. I doubt Darragh MacAnthony and Barry Fry will be happy at being turned down if there is no other offers there for Randell.
The pair of them are probably not used to being told No! 😮

grecIAN Harris

I was thinking of Harris' comment a few pages back:
"So you get touch tight to him, stand on his left foot and rough him up a bit just like Northampton did in the play off final. Tell me how effective he was that night?".
Roughing him up, especially in this day and age, isn't kicking seven shades of S4!t out if him. Does he have the mentality to deal with it? I've seen players at all sorts of levels deal with far more than Williams got that night, be it Messi at Barcelona or somebody in Division 3 of the Sunday League.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Roughing him up, especially in this day and age, isn't kicking seven shades of S4!t out if him. Does he have the mentality to deal with it? I've seen players at all sorts of levels deal with far more than Williams got that night, be it Messi at Barcelona or somebody in Division 3 of the Sunday League.
Messi has much better core strength.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing we haven't got out of Williams during his time with us is his aerial ability, he's actually good in the air with a fantastic spring, he should be getting in at the back post a lot more. He could add a few more goals to his game if he did this. Not just down to him though, more about instructions / guidance from the manager.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing we haven't got out of Williams during his time with us is his aerial ability, he's actually good in the air with a fantastic spring, he should be getting in at the back post a lot more. He could add a few more goals to his game if he did this. Not just down to him though, more about instructions / guidance from the manager.
Ideal scenario for us is for him to perform well enough to attract a bid in January acceptable to both ourselves and him from a Championship Club.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
By Jan the fee is likely to be a lot lower than it could be now unless he goes mental and scores 15 plus goals by Xmas !!

Rosencrantz

If he does stay and we continue to play 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers, Randell should be looking at double figures.

Red Devon

Taggy didn’t sound too impressed with the multifaceted Peterborough offer anyway.

IndoMike

So how do you define "roughing him up" ?
You said it, so you should know.