• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just how should we finish the season?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the options would have to be:

"Open a bottle of nice red wine and throw this paper into the bin as no-one will pay any attention to what 3,000 or so members of the Trust owning an insignificant 4th division League 2 football club think"
I would put a laughing emoji to this but i think you're absolutly right John and a like emoji just doesn't seem right

i8cornwall

Am i right in thinking that what you're saying if our club had those options on say a voting paper, sent out to Trust members and one of those options wins that is the option the club would say to the EFL that is ECFC's prefered option?
Pretty much, but obviously it would be better off using an online system as time would be against us on this.

I’m a member of a Fan owned non league club who use a system like this. Works really well for situations like this.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The
I'm reluctantly coming round to this. It's an unsatisfactory outcome, but I fear all the others are even worse.

Explain why not?
I am with you on the John. I dont like it but that's tough!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
on the downside I'll have to suffer another season with abuse from my boorish Crawley mates!
Which will be made worse by the fact that it looks like this will be the 3rd season in a row where our inability to beat Crawley at home will be a major factor in us missing out on the play-offs.

DB9

The

I am with you on the John. I dont like it but that's tough!
Exactly Martin, I don't like that option either but as you say, Tough!

Colesman Ballz

Well everyone will always have different ideas and thoughts. so if that is an issue is there any point at all asking people to vote on the elections or do anything at all?

The club/trust actually asking all supporters in itself would be enough, most people seem to fall into one of three broad categories anyway;

Null and void/ Cancel the season

Wait to finish the season when safe and viable

PPG or something similar.

Then if you’re idea isn't the one that the majority want for city then so be it, that’s how democracy works.

Currently the club is just doing what it thinks best and not Sharing info with us or asking what the so called owners want them to do.
You really are being a complete clown and have absolutely no clue how democracy works. The Trust elects it's board to make decisions on our behalf, just as we elect MP's to Parliament, or Councillors to our local councils. We do not go down the route of having a referendum every five minutes.

i8cornwall

The reality is that when you go up, you earn more money from central funding. BUT the players tend to have contractual clauses which require higher wages. This tends to cancel out the increase in funding, so in reality you are not better off financially.
Is true but I did wonder if with us having quite a few home grown players in our squad at the moment and would probably have a few more next season, if they would also have said clauses in there.

The rise in attendances and away fans might also mean that we actually made more.

I agree it would all be fag packet maths that I’m working on.

Rosencrantz

Because playing behind close doors is unviable for League One and Two side (and arguably Championship sides too), the EFL are being bounced into a decision because The Premier League, with what looks like the governments backing, are going to play behind close doors to completion. They could argue that UEFA are compelling them to come to a conclusion as well in order for a completely unrealistic purpose of European qualification for next season.

However this season is brought to conclusion without playing the remaining games, there will be winners and losers who will feel hard done by and it will be very unsatisfactory. The FA should now stand up for what they are actually for, governors of the game in this country for the good of all clubs. But with the one eyed selfishness of Premier League owners, don't hold your breath.

As Gary Neville as pointed out recently, all PL teams could be cut 5-10% of their prize money which would go towards protecting League One and Two clubs through this period. Very unlikely I know without what the PL might ask for in return which is what we all fear in B teams in the league pyramid. If it is the difference between your club surviving or not, a lot of lower league chairman will have an awfully difficult decision to make.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who'd of thought Ryan Bowman's perfectly good goal against Walsall at 1-1 being disallowed would cost us promotion..
No, what will cost us was the poor reaction to the decision and the disappointing collapse that followed the disallowed goal. We were on top of the time and should have been able to hold out for at least a point which, depending on the precise mathematical formula used, may turn out to have been enough to see us promoted.

DB9

You really are being a complete clown and have absolutely no clue how democracy works. The Trust elects it's board to make decisions on our behalf, just as we elect MP's to Parliament, or Councillors to our local councils. We do not go down the route of having a referendum every five minutes.
No we don't have referendums every five minutes but we did have a referendum recently because those politicians thought they needed to ask the UK people a question about our EU membership beause they thought it was too important to let 650 people decide on the future of 66+ million in the UK and in that way this crisis is just as important in football terms to our club and perhaps (I'm not saying its right) the decision the club makes about this needs the backing of its owners/members