• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just how should we finish the season?

i8cornwall

Who knows in the new football world when this suspension is all over.

Might get a few more crumbs from the PL TV consolidation,but even that is debatable at the moment.
True but teams in L1 get more TV money anyway so wouldn’t we better off “lining the pockets of law firms” as you put?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
True but teams in L1 get more TV money anyway so wouldn’t we better off “lining the pockets of law firms” as you put?
I wonder if fans could take a class action against the EFL? After all we've invested a lot in to the season, and we've not been consulted on any decisions.

i8cornwall

I wonder if fans could take a class action against the EFL? After all we've invested a lot in to the season, and we've not been consulted on any decisions.
Is what I was trying to say in a round about way. There are Non league clubs currently doing this, South Shields being one of the clubs that lost out the most.

The fact we as a club are fan owned but yet no one has asked what we the fans think or want is actually appalling.

especially when we have all invested so much time, effort and money into following the club all over the country and are being asked to carry on helping the club through this tricky time.

I may well be in a minority here, but I really don't want to go up if it is decided that the season is finished. Where is the joy in that that? How are we supposed to celebrate? I'd rather go up next season, or whenever, by achieving it on the pitch, with all the frantic delirium that accompanies it.

I'm with you on this! It would possibly be an anti -climax and leave a hollow feeling. On the plus side, we would probably get rid of The Arg@le with bragging rights intact, but on the downside I'll have to suffer another season with abuse from my boorish Crawley mates!

Legohead

Banned
Is what I was trying to say in a round about way. There are Non league clubs currently doing this, South Shields being one of the clubs that lost out the most.

The fact we as a club are fan owned but yet no one has asked what we the fans think or want is actually appalling.

especially when we have all invested so much time, effort and money into following the club all over the country and are being asked to carry on helping the club through this tricky time.
This is a fair point mate. Not actually thought about this before.

Grecian_Matt

Who'd of thought Ryan Bowman's perfectly good goal against Walsall at 1-1 being disallowed would cost us promotion..

Legohead

Banned
Or the sitters he's missed or the costly gaffes by Maxted or defensive errors etc etc. You can't say that one definitive thing has cost us promotion.

Reactions: DB9

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster

You only have to read this thread to see there are a number of different opinions so what would the purpose be of asking the fans? Seems like it would be a rather pointless exercise to me.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You only have to read this thread to see there are a number of different opinions so what would the purpose be of asking the fans? Seems like it would be a rather pointless exercise to me.
Exactly right and those who Govern the game whether it be the PL, EFL, FA, PFA have so many different opinions based on what's best for their individual members/clubs no one will get a consensus of agreement 100%, So the only logical thing to do is null and void this season and plan for when the next one can start safely.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exactly right and those who Govern the game whether it be the PL, EFL, FA, PFA have so many different opinions based on what's best for their individual members/clubs no one will get a consensus of agreement 100%, So the only logical thing to do is null and void this season and plan for when the next one can start safely.
No, not logical at all.