• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

5,743??

On_The_Beach

Eh? A bit of creative accounting there OTB, what?

Torbay pop. (2001 Census) 129,706

Torquay v. Bradford City - Attendance 2,941

I make that approx. 2.27%.

And don't try to play the "Torquay" card....you're a unitary authority, remember. ;)
Don't try and play the "Torquay" card? It's THE NAME OF THE FRIGGING TEAM FFS.
If I say your population is about 400,000 which is Exeter, East and Mid Devon put together and you say 'well, no that's not right' and I say 'oh no, don't try and play the "Exeter" card' what would you say to that?

It's either a wind-up of some sort or you Exetertonians are even thicker than I ever imagined.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
The task is best considered if one lists out the towns, villages and sh1ties that might be potentially associated with a particular team:

So, respective catchment-populations:

TUFC : Torquay, Newton-Abbott, Paighton, Part of Brixham, maybe Teignmuff and dawlish. Yes, and the lesser-hippy parts of Totness might be shared with plymuff.

PAFC : Anywhere west of West-Brixham/Kingswear/Dartmouth. West-central Devon, Ivybridge. Cornwall.

Sh1ty : All towns in east-devon, east central devon, towns of north-devon towns in west dorset, towns in west somerset.

If one now adds up these potential 'catchment-populations', this places a realistic element to your freakish sexual obsessions with attendance. FACT.
Okay, so by your post, Exeter has fans some 53 miles away in Barnstaple (courtesy of AA routefinder) 36 miles away in Taunton, despite Yeovil being 27 miles and Bristol being closer to the town than Barnstaple is to Exeter. Lyme Regis is 32 miles from Exeter.

Yet when it comes to Torquay, the furthest you mention is Totnes which is less than 10 (yes, 10) miles away. You even claim only "part of Brixham" would support TUFC. I don't disagree with that. But you will need to answer why you include the likes of Penzance, which is 2 hours by car to Plymouth and nearly 80 miles away, and North Devon and Somerset in the Exeter figures, whilst "conveniently" omitting anywhere farther than 10 miles away from Torquay.

Either, no one supports the club from further than 10 miles away, because TUFC are a pointless blot on the landscape. Or you're just skewing figures and calling them "facts" which, as ever, cannot be substantiated by yourself.

I remember last time I asked for proof to your claim that "South Devon had lots of footballers meaning no one watched Torquay" you replied with, and I quote "The amateur football in torbay and south-devon has always been a significant factor in getting numbers up to the Moor on a saturday.

Bleddy hell, in Brixham alone there are, what, 4 sides (maybe more) that actually represent the town, maybe more. Then there are the pub sides, and work-place sides etc.

Seriously, the numbers of lads actually playing footy on a saturday in Torbay and south-devon is much higher than you think and I believe is infact higher than numbers nationaly. And I might add, in terms of Devonion footballers, Brixham has always produced very good players for its size. Loram and Gosling for example."

Brixham population 17,500 (circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Crediton population 6,837 (Circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Until you can substantiate these rumours into fact, or admit that you're sh*t. I suggest you stop with the small man fetishery syndrome that you're beginning to show.

Here to help.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Don't try and play the "Torquay" card? It's THE NAME OF THE FRIGGING TEAM FFS.
Yeah and Port Vale is THE NAME OF A FRIGGING TEAM IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS YOU. Ever tried to find it on a map?

On_The_Beach

So Torquay doesn't actually exist?

why weren't we told?

Grecian Max

End of the day, Toytown are a tiny club, whatever catchment is. Your attempts at a 'derby' atmosphere' are pathetic.

Last edited:

IJN

End of the day, Toytown are a tiny club, whatever catchment is. Your attempts at a 'derby' atmosphere' are pathetic.
That's what most of us think about you lot.

Aww bless!!

Grecian Max

That's what most of us think about you lot.

Aww bless!!
Ho ho ho

So remind me who asked your Monkey for a manager 'do you realise how important it is to beat Exeter City'

See you in December scummer.

Last edited:

IJN

You won't see me old boy, I'll be in the Business Lounge as I always am.

Grecian Max

You won't see me old boy, I'll be in the Business Lounge as I always am.
Shame, I look forward to getting acquainted with 'zoo' corner LMAO

IJN

You seem to be 'up' for it Max.