• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

5,743??

papillon

5108, you must be so proud.
Dave,

Will certainly be happy if we average about the 6,000 mark for the season. 5 years ago you were averaging about 15,000. I expect this year you will average about 7,500 so a 50% drop. 5 years ago we were averaging about 3,500 so I am hopeful of a 70% increase to the said 6,000 mark.

Mind you we are already above you in the league :)

I know I would be concerned if I were a plymuff fan, give it a few weeks of the same performances and you will be down to our shameful 6,000!!

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Relegation zone in September.

But Porkus weren't you in the same boat last year too; and saying the same thing? <sneer>

Last edited:

STURTZ

That's 5108 more people than have seen Gargoyle win at home this season then!:D

Pete Martin (CTID)

Not at all, I think Pete Martin CTID's mathematical approach makes us the best supported club in Devon?
Eh? A bit of creative accounting there OTB, what?

Torbay pop. (2001 Census) 129,706

Torquay v. Bradford City - Attendance 2,941

I make that approx. 2.27%.

And don't try to play the "Torquay" card....you're a unitary authority, remember. ;)

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is important about this, is to concern oneself with what might be termed 'catchment-area' population, to get a broader and more sensible appreciation of any relation between population dynamics and attendance at local football matches.

The task is best considered if one lists out the towns, villages and sh1ties that might be potentially associated with a particular team:

So, respective catchment-populations:

TUFC : Torquay, Newton-Abbott, Paighton, Part of Brixham, maybe Teignmuff and dawlish. Yes, and the lesser-hippy parts of Totness might be shared with plymuff.

PAFC : Anywhere west of West-Brixham/Kingswear/Dartmouth. West-central Devon, Ivybridge. Cornwall.

Sh1ty : All towns in east-devon, east central devon, towns of north-devon towns in west dorset, towns in west somerset.

If one now adds up these potential 'catchment-populations', this places a realistic element to your freakish sexual obsessions with attendance. FACT.

Grecian1966

It appears that my City supporting colleagues are forgetting the obvious...

My concern is that with at best 1,700 people paying a maximum of £24 a ticket, this brings in a maximum £40,000 per game. I cannot see how the wages, existing loans etc etc can be paid off with this relatively low sum. Again, this total is highly unlikely with free tickets, and cheaper seating in certain parts of the ground.

Our attendances are lower, but I am not worries about Exeter City's future. If I was an Argyle fan, I would be.
My brother is a Connaught associate - Connaught's Chairman is Argyle's Chairman Sir Roy Gardner. They have already spent all their season ticket income to prop up the July and August deficit. Their monthly deficit is based on budgeted crowds of 9,000. Their current crowds are totally unsustainable and they are unable to stem the losses. They have even outsourced the programme and made their programme sellers redundant - that sounds pretty much like a club up the creek without a paddle. But never mind they have the World Cup strategy to bail them out? It appears no-one has stood back and asked why racking up an additional £30M in debt makes sense for the outcome of a potential one world cup match between the likes of North Korea and Slovenia - all the best games will autmatically go to the established Premiership clubs.

Fred

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
My brother is a Connaught associate - Connaught's Chairman is Argyle's Chairman Sir Roy Gardner. They have already spent all their season ticket income to prop up the July and August deficit. Their monthly deficit is based on budgeted crowds of 9,000. Their current crowds are totally unsustainable and they are unable to stem the losses. They have even outsourced the programme and made their programme sellers redundant - that sounds pretty much like a club up the creek without a paddle. But never mind they have the World Cup strategy to bail them out? It appears no-one has stood back and asked why racking up an additional £30M in debt makes sense for the outcome of a potential one world cup match between the likes of North Korea and Slovenia - all the best games will autmatically go to the established Premiership clubs.

Fred
Get out of here, this kind of thinking is far too sensible :D

IJN

That's 5108 more people than have seen Gargoyle win at home this season then!:D
How many stayed to see Cureton's dive Doris?

STURTZ

How many stayed to see Cureton's dive Doris?
You are so bitter!

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is important about this, is to concern oneself with what might be termed 'catchment-area' population, to get a broader and more sensible appreciation of any relation between population dynamics and attendance at local football matches.

The task is best considered if one lists out the towns, villages and sh1ties that might be potentially associated with a particular team:

So, respective catchment-populations:

TUFC : Torquay, Newton-Abbott, Paighton, Part of Brixham, maybe Teignmuff and dawlish. Yes, and the lesser-hippy parts of Totness might be shared with plymuff.

PAFC : Anywhere west of West-Brixham/Kingswear/Dartmouth. West-central Devon, Ivybridge. Cornwall.

Sh1ty : All towns in east-devon, east central devon, towns of north-devon towns in west dorset, towns in west somerset.

If one now adds up these potential 'catchment-populations', this places a realistic element to your freakish sexual obsessions with attendance. FACT.
I see we have no reply to my very relevant point here.

Maybe there just is not a sensible come back to what I have highlighted regarding the relationship between football and the population dynamics and geography of Devon. The geography is infact dominated by excretia and plymuff and their surrounding catchment areas. Infact, you should both be ashamed of your relatively low gates. FACT.

Jeez. You geeks and scummers hate it when the FACTs are spelled out to you........or is it that I have used too many long words for you all ?