• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

5,743??

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
You seem to be 'up' for it Max.
Yeah, it's what all graphic designers are like. Mad, we are ;)

Pete Martin (CTID)

So Torquay doesn't actually exist?

why weren't we told?
Jeez man, us Greeks have been telling you that for donkey's years!

papillon

I see we have no reply to my very relevant point here.

Maybe there just is not a sensible come back to what I have highlighted regarding the relationship between football and the population dynamics and geography of Devon. The geography is infact dominated by excretia and plymuff and their surrounding catchment areas. Infact, you should both be ashamed of your relatively low gates. FACT.

Jeez. You geeks and scummers hate it when the FACTs are spelled out to you........or is it that I have used too many long words for you all ?
Not at all it is just you are an annoying little turd :)

whiptonace

Okay, so by your post, Exeter has fans some 53 miles away in Barnstaple (courtesy of AA routefinder) 36 miles away in Taunton, despite Yeovil being 27 miles and Bristol being closer to the town than Barnstaple is to Exeter. Lyme Regis is 32 miles from Exeter.

Yet when it comes to Torquay, the furthest you mention is Totnes which is less than 10 (yes, 10) miles away. You even claim only "part of Brixham" would support TUFC. I don't disagree with that. But you will need to answer why you include the likes of Penzance, which is 2 hours by car to Plymouth and nearly 80 miles away, and North Devon and Somerset in the Exeter figures, whilst "conveniently" omitting anywhere farther than 10 miles away from Torquay.

Either, no one supports the club from further than 10 miles away, because TUFC are a pointless blot on the landscape. Or you're just skewing figures and calling them "facts" which, as ever, cannot be substantiated by yourself.

I remember last time I asked for proof to your claim that "South Devon had lots of footballers meaning no one watched Torquay" you replied with, and I quote "The amateur football in torbay and south-devon has always been a significant factor in getting numbers up to the Moor on a saturday.

Bleddy hell, in Brixham alone there are, what, 4 sides (maybe more) that actually represent the town, maybe more. Then there are the pub sides, and work-place sides etc.

Seriously, the numbers of lads actually playing footy on a saturday in Torbay and south-devon is much higher than you think and I believe is infact higher than numbers nationaly. And I might add, in terms of Devonion footballers, Brixham has always produced very good players for its size. Loram and Gosling for example."

Brixham population 17,500 (circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Crediton population 6,837 (Circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Until you can substantiate these rumours into fact, or admit that you're sh*t. I suggest you stop with the small man fetishery syndrome that you're beginning to show.

Here to help.
what about Dunchideock`s (circa 2001)?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, so by your post, Exeter has fans some 53 miles away in Barnstaple (courtesy of AA routefinder) 36 miles away in Taunton, despite Yeovil being 27 miles and Bristol being closer to the town than Barnstaple is to Exeter. Lyme Regis is 32 miles from Exeter.

Yet when it comes to Torquay, the furthest you mention is Totnes which is less than 10 (yes, 10) miles away. You even claim only "part of Brixham" would support TUFC. I don't disagree with that. But you will need to answer why you include the likes of Penzance, which is 2 hours by car to Plymouth and nearly 80 miles away, and North Devon and Somerset in the Exeter figures, whilst "conveniently" omitting anywhere farther than 10 miles away from Torquay.

Either, no one supports the club from further than 10 miles away, because TUFC are a pointless blot on the landscape. Or you're just skewing figures and calling them "facts" which, as ever, cannot be substantiated by yourself.

I remember last time I asked for proof to your claim that "South Devon had lots of footballers meaning no one watched Torquay" you replied with, and I quote "The amateur football in torbay and south-devon has always been a significant factor in getting numbers up to the Moor on a saturday.

Bleddy hell, in Brixham alone there are, what, 4 sides (maybe more) that actually represent the town, maybe more. Then there are the pub sides, and work-place sides etc.

Seriously, the numbers of lads actually playing footy on a saturday in Torbay and south-devon is much higher than you think and I believe is infact higher than numbers nationaly. And I might add, in terms of Devonion footballers, Brixham has always produced very good players for its size. Loram and Gosling for example."

Brixham population 17,500 (circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Crediton population 6,837 (Circa 2001) and 4 sides.

Until you can substantiate these rumours into fact, or admit that you're sh*t. I suggest you stop with the small man fetishery syndrome that you're beginning to show.

Here to help.
Poetry. You are the D*ckens of our generation, AU.

StroudGrecian

what about Dunchideock`s (circa 2001)?
No mate, their men folk are all down the mines, 24/7.

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a single one of these numpties understand catchment-area and population dynamics. The reason for their failure to grasp this logic lies in the fact that excretians are not the brightest bunch and that they also have this strange fetishist streak when it comes to attendances. It is the only explanation. FACT.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Just boils down to..... the figue in the OP is something that the Turks can only dream about, even the number of posts you have on here Banging_one_out is way beyond your wildest wet dream.

C'mon top of the league, & you have your seasons cup final against the mighty Bradford City, and it draws how many OAP's out of the retirement homes down there? Whisper it....... not even 3K what's it gonna be like at the business end of the season, when you're in relegation 6 pointers with the likes of Hereford, Stockport & Southend? <sneer>

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plymouth is a sh*t place to live.
Is it? Haven't been there since "The Return Of The Jedi" was on at the pictures. By that I mean the special Plymouth version where Darth Vader says, "Luke I'm your father...................................and your uncle".

angelic upstart

Not a single one of these numpties understand catchment-area and population dynamics. The reason for their failure to grasp this logic lies in the fact that excretians are not the brightest bunch and that they also have this strange fetishist streak when it comes to attendances. It is the only explanation. FACT.
Is that it? I thought better of you. You must really be on the ropes, it wasn't even more than a jab from me either...

Merely, some feeble repeat of what you always say, with no explanation? No fact? Why not attempt to explain to us "Excretain ateendance fetishists" what you actually mean.

I wont hold my breath though...