• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Wait till they win the first six and sit 7 points clear then the wheels fall off :)
They won't be 7 points clear after 6 games. At the very best they'll be 3 points behind the leaders. :)

Saint James

They won't be 7 points clear after 6 games. At the very best they'll be 3 points behind the leaders. :)
Ha ha nice one. Must admit to looking forward to the game at the end of the month however it wont be season defining

ExeterCityLad

Ha ha nice one. Must admit to looking forward to the game at the end of the month however it wont be season defining
Of course it won't be season defining. We'll be playing a lower mid table club.

Terryhall

Whatever people say about Rooney, nobody can question his commitment to his team. He has always run around the pitch with the enthusiasm of a little school kid and when he scores a goal he nearly always runs directly to the assister {?) to thank him, unlike players such as Ronaldo, who seldom does.
I watched them play Atlanta recently (it was on telly and I had nothing better to do) and he was absolutely awful - way off the pace, poor first touch when the ball came his way, and struggling to bring others into play, and was deservedly hooked off before the final whistle. Also saw the highlight of his chase back, tackle and assist for the goal the other day - but to be honest I place more emphasis on his poor general performance the other day, rather than one flash of brilliance. Atlanta are one of (if not the) best team in the division but still, that one outing suggests to me that MLS is either about the right level for him, or possibly still a step beyond him at this age. Shame to see how quickly he has declined as he got older.

Back OT, big win for the franchise in the cup on Tuesday, be interesting to see whether they have the same mid-season run of poor form that we have grown used to over recent seasons.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I watched them play Atlanta recently (it was on telly and I had nothing better to do) and he was absolutely awful - way off the pace, poor first touch when the ball came his way, and struggling to bring others into play, and was deservedly hooked off before the final whistle. Also saw the highlight of his chase back, tackle and assist for the goal the other day - but to be honest I place more emphasis on his poor general performance the other day, rather than one flash of brilliance. Atlanta are one of (if not the) best team in the division but still, that one outing suggests to me that MLS is either about the right level for him, or possibly still a step beyond him at this age. Shame to see how quickly he has declined as he got older.

Back OT, big win for the franchise in the cup on Tuesday, be interesting to see whether they have the same mid-season run of poor form that we have grown used to over recent seasons.
I agree he isn't the player that he was - we have to remember he made his debut when he was 17 (?). But I was taking about his attitude on the field, Terry, not his current skill set or performances.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I agree he isn't the player that he was - we have to remember he made his debut when he was 17 (?). But I was taking about his attitude on the field, Terry, not his current skill set or performances.
And besides, two goals last night plus a sublime chip that was tipped (?) onto the crossbar showed that perhaps it was ring-rustiness rather than low ability in previous matches.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
And besides, two goals last night plus a sublime chip that was tipped (?) onto the crossbar showed that perhaps it was ring-rustiness rather than low ability in previous matches.
Haven't seen that yet, Jason, but I've always liked Rooney, so pleased for him. Up the City.

Oliver

Of course it won't be season defining. We'll be playing a lower mid table club.
But they are on a fantastic run, to beat Charlton under 12,s is a massive achievement !

The deluder

Don"t forget we lost to Charlton in the cup last season.

Andy Holloway

Haven't seen that yet, Jason, but I've always liked Rooney, so pleased for him. Up the City.
I hadn't realised that Tis had also signed Wayne Rooney for MK Dons, or has this thread gone 'off piste'?