Tisdale to MK Dons

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Favourite apparently 2/5 at BetVictor

Wouldn't be surprised, MK Dons are very much a place I can imagine him at. Cardboard cut out fans, the perfect venue for his football ;)

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
One of their previous managers was always very complimentary about him.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
I'd be worried if he took the backroom staff with him.

Matt to take over. Oakley or Taylor?

geoffwp

Well-known Exeweb poster
Favourite apparently 2/5 at BetVictor

Wouldn't be surprised, MK Dons are very much a place I can imagine him at. Cardboard cut out fans, the perfect venue for his football ;)
I thought you were once a Tisdale fan Max? We're you a cardboard fan then?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
And, yeah I used to love the guy. But he went stale 5 years ago. I personally would advocate moving jobs relatively frequently - you pick up new skills, learn from different environments, get a bigger network etc. I think Paul Tisdale has played it safe under the spin/guise of “the long game”. Perhaps this explains some people’s reactions to wanting change, if you’re in a more long term role (or have been), perhaps you sympathise more with that position?

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The upside is, we might even get compensation in the form of the remaining 6 months of his roller. Not to be sniffed at given the size of his salary ! ;)

geoffwp

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't feel over sensitive when I wrote it max. It seemed clear from what you wrote that you think the managers style of football works best for cardboard fans whatever they may be. At least not plastic anyway. I think you're absolutely right about the advantages that can be gained by changing jobs. In a way though that's a generational thing that would have been relatively uncommon in our, well certainly my, parents day. I do believe in the long game however and I certainly don't think it is an excuse for an easy ride. I think the things he has changed and ideas he has developed into actuality do take time. That sort of thing can be lost if you are moving on every 3 years or so.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if there is mileage in this ?

A friend who lives in MK said he saw The Cheese this afternoon in the Bed Taker shop in MK.

Or perhaps this was part of his Bed Taker work ?

:S
Tis was at the C&F today thankfully.