• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Either way this is the PL thread so back on track.....

Predictions for the rest of the season gents?.....

Top 4?

I’m too pessimistic to say Liverpool will win the league I’ve waited basically 30 years so i can’t put the kiss of death on it so I will go with.....

City
Liverpool
Leicester
Man United

Bottom 3?

Bournemouth
Villa
Norwich

Top scorer?

Jamie Vardy

Most assists ?

Trent Alexander-Arnold

DB9

Would I rather win the FA cup yes - but the reality is you only get to the world club cup and become the best club side in Europe by A) finishing in the top 4 in the premier league & B) then beating everyone in Europe to win the Champions league so it’s 2 seasons worth of graft not 2 games against poor teams like people make out it’s actually probably nearer 55-60 games against the best 19 sides in England & the best 50 odd in Europe & for that to end in you becoming “by name” the best side in the world that’s something that shouldn’t be sniffed at IMO......
Sorry i still don't get it, The World Club thing didn't spark mass celebrations like a Prem or CL win would, It's still a "Meh" win and soon forgotten, If Liverpool had a mare of a 2nd half of a season and the World Club was the only trophy they won it would be a total failure, Not lording like you are as being "World Champions", In the heirachy of football it's pretty low

CREDYGRECIAN

Sorry i still don't get it, The World Club thing didn't spark mass celebrations like a Prem or CL win would, It's still a "Meh" win and soon forgotten, If Liverpool had a mare of a 2nd half of a season and the World Club was the only trophy they won it would be a total failure, Not lording like you are as being "World Champions", In the heirachy of football it's pretty low
We’re the European super cup holders as well I’ll have you know.....oh and the champions of Europe (6 times) incase you had forgot

Legohead

Banned
Liverpool have it sewn up already.

Leicester 2nd
Citeh 3rd
Chelsea 4th

Bottom 3

Norwich bottom. Because they can't defend properly and aren't taking any steps to address it.
Villa 2nd bottom. Because they are absolute rubbish and rely on Grealish too much who mostly produces nothing. Instead of having a team ethic.
Southampton 3rd bottom.

If Bournemouth can get a few players back they'll be ok otherwise it's between them and Saints for me.

DB9

We’re the European super cup holders as well I’ll have you know.....oh and the champions of Europe (6 times) incase you had forgot
All forgotten if Liverpool crash and burn from now til May (Which they won't) Plus they're only Champions of Europe til the next final if they don't make it, Winning in the past is just that, The past

CREDYGRECIAN

I think with Danny Ings Southampton have a played capable of getting 16–18 league goals and that will be enough to see them safe IMO....

CREDYGRECIAN

All forgotten if Liverpool crash and burn from now til May (Which they won't) Plus they're only Champions of Europe til the next final if they don't make it, Winning in the past is just that, The past
Being champions of Europe will never be forgotten just like the previous 5 never will be....

It wouldn’t surprise me if we got to the later stages again this season but Athletico Madrid is a bloody rough draw

DB9

Being champions of Europe will never be forgotten just like the previous 5 never will be....

It wouldn’t surprise me if we got to the later stages again this season but Athletico Madrid is a bloody rough draw
And so it shouldn't, For me as a English fan, Any English club that wins a European trophy is a great thing, But i do remember when the European Cup was for just Champions, Not for the top four in certain leagues, It was expanded that way to keep the big clubs happy and give them the chance to make more money and get rid of a threat back then of a breakaway. I don't watch the CL group stages because quite frankly they're boring, Now its the knockout stage, Far more interesting

Legohead

Banned

I've seen them quite a few times this season as I have la liga games live on premier sport subscription. They are still a typical Simeone side and thus will be tough to break down. The positive for Liverpool is that Atletico don't seem to have that potency in attack that they once did when they had Griezmann etc. Morata needs about 10 chances to score one.

Liverpool can concentrate more on breaking them down knowing that they won't have to deal with much from Atletico at the other end.

CREDYGRECIAN

I think with Danny Ings Southampton have a played capable of getting 16–18 league goals and that will be enough to see them safe IMO....
Another today for Ings - he’s a top 6-8 striker IMO when fully fit.