• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well as a LFC fan this is a fantasy world....an incredible 2019 with just 1 defeat against Man City back on the 3rd of January this year....

50 premier league games without defeat at anfield, European & world champions....

Unbeaten this season so far.....

This team is setting new standards.....are without doubt the best LFC I’ve seen in my lifetime
Think the World Club championship is still regarded as a "Meh" sort of competition, Bit like the Super Bowel winners being "World Champions" No one else is really bothered about it, If it were a proper competition like the WC or Euro's it might have a bit more gravitas with footy fans

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Think the World Club championship is still regarded as a "Meh" sort of competition, Bit like the Super Bowel winners being "World Champions" No one else is really bothered about it, If it were a proper competition like the WC or Euro's it might have a bit more gravitas with footy fans
It’s one of those - if you’ve never won it you don’t rate it but if you have you do

CREDYGRECIAN

The premier league is the one all Liverpool fans want and this season has to be the best opportunity we’ve ever had......the consistency and relentless approach is outstanding

January is huge with spurs , United and wolves on the spin - get through those with say 6-7 points and I can’t see us getting caught....

Famous last words I’m sure

Alistair20000

The premier league is the one all Liverpool fans want and this season has to be the best opportunity we’ve ever had......the consistency and relentless approach is outstanding

January is huge with spurs , United and wolves on the spin - get through those with say 6-7 points and I can’t see us getting caught....

Famous last words I’m sure
Spurs are a basket case right now Creds and Manure pretty similar. 6 points from those games.

Legohead

Banned
Loving watching Liverpool under Klopp. Klopp is a breath of fresh air unlike some of the prickly mardy managers like Guardiola. Who wouldn't want to play for Klopp? I don't wish to do Klopp a disservice but I do think that half of the battle with modern players is to get them energized and motivated and Klopp sets the standard for that. For example, would the same Liverpool side be doing as well under Pellegrini or Marco Silva? No, because they are managers that don't inspire and instill passion. Players today have already got money, cars and houses coming out of their ears so to be able to get them up for games every single week is some task. Klopp knows how to do this.

Also I don't think I dislike any Liverpool player. Firmino's teeth are annoying but other than that I like the players at Liverpool. They aren't a bunch of posers on the pitch. They work hard and I like that. Man City on their day are superb but they have too many fancy dans who don't necessarily put it in every week or have the same resilience as the Liverpool players. Basically Guardiola's neglect of the City defence has cost them the title by New Year and yet he's supposed to be one of the greats. Klopp is a much better manager all round than Guardiola and he uses players like Robertson, Trent, Milner, Henderson etc and improves them. Players like Foden etc don't get a look in at City.

I can just about remember the great Liverpool team of the 80's with Hansen, Dalglish etc and but this current Liverpool side is unstoppable.

DB9

It’s one of those - if you’ve never won it you don’t rate it but if you have you do
No, If it was as popular as say the Chapions League, PL, FA Cup or nationally the Euro's or WC you'd have an open bus top parade, This is a competition that no one goes out of their way to watch, Change the TV shedules for etc, Just seems a money making exercise and played in a country not renowned for being big in football

CREDYGRECIAN

No, If it was as popular as say the Chapions League, PL, FA Cup or nationally the Euro's or WC you'd have an open bus top parade, This is a competition that no one goes out of their way to watch, Change the TV shedules for etc, Just seems a money making exercise and played in a country not renowned for being big in football
I don’t really matter we’re the best club side in world football.....

Legohead

Banned

I agree. Who cares about this tinpot competition? If I was a Liverpool fan then of course if Liverpool were playing in it, which they were, then i'd want them to win it but I wouldn't be celebrating winning it like i would the FA Cup for example. The reason being that it means nothing to most other UK football fans I would presume and therefore it has no gravitas. It's like if we won the leasing.com trophy. I'm sure many Exeter fans would celebrate the win yes but it would be kind of like a subdued celebration because we'd know that most other English lower league fans think the competition is unimportant.

DB9

I don’t really matter we’re the best club side in world football.....
Doing brilliantly in this country and looking like PL Champions this season, Just for me the World Club thing is nothing special, Look at Man U in 1999, All of football castigated them for playing in it and disregarding the FA Cup for it and if you were old enough back then I'm sure you said the same, Giving up the FA Cup for a "Tin pot Competition"

CREDYGRECIAN

Would I rather win the FA cup yes - but the reality is you only get to the world club cup and become the best club side in Europe by A) finishing in the top 4 in the premier league & B) then beating everyone in Europe to win the Champions league so it’s 2 seasons worth of graft not 2 games against poor teams like people make out it’s actually probably nearer 55-60 games against the best 19 sides in England & the best 50 odd in Europe & for that to end in you becoming “by name” the best side in the world that’s something that shouldn’t be sniffed at IMO......