• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No thread this season so far....

What we thinking ?

Liverpool & Chelsea making unbeaten starts so far & City as always looking good & like there the team to finish above to have a chance of winning the league......

Top 4?

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
United

Bottom 3

Newcastle
Cardiff
Huddersfield

CREDYGRECIAN

Wolves are decent - I fancy them for a top 10 finish.

Not sure United will make the top 4 this season. Spurs to take their place

CREDYGRECIAN

Looks like it’s going to be a long old season for Huddersfield & Cardiff.....

Good result for Wolves...who could well be cheeky outsiders for a europa league spot

CREDYGRECIAN

Can’t help but smile at the Mancs and the geordies

CREDYGRECIAN

Harris opinion on the barcodes ?

Rafa should go and manage a club with ambition he deserves better with his CV

CREDYGRECIAN

Cardiff are absolute rubbish.....

grecIAN Harris

I'm not sure what Rafa is up to at the moment. He let the one person most likely to score go to a side in The Championship (Dwight Gayle) and bought in someone (Rondon) who is almost as unlikely to score as what he had left (Joselu). Shelvey being out injured hasn't helped. He is by far the most creative player at The Toon. The side he had out yesterday looked pretty similar to what he had towards the back end of last season when they were doing well but he seems to be setting them up with this defensive mentality that is doing nobody any favours. Aside from that, he is being hamstrung by Ashley. How any club in the Premier League can make a £26 million profit in transfers and expect to go forward is nigh on impossible. I watched this, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45678196, on Friday and it just about sums it all up. You put any manager in the world in at St James's Park at the moment and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference until Ashley sells up. He knows he hasn't got the money to make a big enough dent in what is required. The Shiek Yamoney's of the footballing world have priced him way out of the competiton. There have been players transferred into 'lesser' clubs that Newcastle should have been able to afford that they haven't even been at the races for, for example Andre Schurlle and Alfie Mawson at Fulham, Joao Moutinho at Wolves, Jack Wilshere at West Ham, Danny Ings and Stuart Armstrong at Southampton, Kevin Miralles left Everton on loan to somewhere in Europe, Kurt Zouma has been let out on loan by Chelsea. These are all players that Newcastle ought to have been in the market for but they weren't even in it.

Terryhall

Not sure United will make the top 4 this season. Spurs to take their place
Can't see United making top 4, and unless Spurs buy big in Jan I think they'll struggle. I reckon this year could be Arsenal reclaiming the fourth place trophy.

Too close to call between Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh but agree they'll make up the top 3 come May next year.

Cardiff look completely out of their depth.

grecIAN Harris

Further to what I said last night, Sky sources are suggesting that former Chelsea and Man United chief executive Peter Kenyon is getting a consortium together to buy out Ashley. We wait, we see and we wonder...…………………………………………….. and pray that something good will come of it.