• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everton should hang their heads in shame, I never get them, They should be so much better. Every season they disappoint, It's not like a manager never given cash. Perhaps Ancelotti will be better in the transfer market

Should have been at least three up at the break they missed some unbelievable good opportunities in the first half to score ...saying that Adrian was in inspired form and looked unbeatable for Liverpool.

Oldsmobile-88

Roman Abramovich put £247m nett into Chelsea last season(18/19) to underwrite losses.😮A8577C92-256F-4218-B909-805C6F75D2C6.jpeg

Grecian2K

Their financial plight is so tragic Olds.

Perhaps we should return the pittance they gave us for Ethan and even, maybe, organise a whip round at SJP on Saturday to help the poor, impecunious mites out? :cry:

Legohead

Banned
Roman Abramovich put £247m nett into Chelsea last season(18/19) to underwrite losses.😮View attachment 1502

What staggers me is how Abramovich got his money. Always seems like a gormless vacant chimp to me but he has somehow managed to get the money to burn so why not?

Oldsmobile-88

What staggers me is how Abramovich got his money. Always seems like a gormless vacant chimp to me but he has somehow managed to get the money to burn so why not?
30 years ago it would have seemed insane that a individual from the then Soviet Union could have such wealth in the future.

Not Premier League & on a smaller scale Blackburn in their Championship season last year lost £391k a WEEK !

Many argue for more money to filter down from the PL to the Championship L1 & L2.All that will do is to
encourage more daft spending to chase virtually impossible dreams.

Grecian2K

Ah well. At least the FFP rules seem to be working well! :sleep:

Oldsmobile-88

Ah well. At least the FFP rules seem to be working well! :sleep:
😁😁

You would imagine the Bury & Bolton scenarios would concentrate minds at the EFL..More chance of BJ & JC having a pint together at Annabell’s on Friday night

Legohead

Banned
The Premier League isn't football anymore. It's just a money making racket for lots of people in various different roles within football, including the players themselves. I watch it now as entertainment and for a laugh as much as anything else. It can't be taken seriously as it's so far detached from real life, from real fans and from the real game that it's a parody of itself.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I lost it with the prem when we discovered at work that everyone knew who Newcastle's owner was but no one could name any of their back four. Don't even watch Motd any more.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sheff Utd looking likely to beat West Ham....what an incredible first season for them....