• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
With his contract up in the summer what do we think his price would be?
You would hope we can offer up to £500k for a decent striker.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’d imagine 500k.

With have unprecedented funds. and we haven’t spent them.

so why not take a punt.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d imagine 500k.

With have unprecedented funds. and we haven’t spent them.

so why not take a punt.
I agree that Newport should expect around £500k. 19 goals in little over half a season is superb.

But, there’s no chance that we’d spend that much on one single player.

Yes, we have ‘unprecedented’ funds, but in context, Hawker said they were unprecedented compared to any previous January window since he’s been involved…As we’ve spent at most £50k in previous January windows, unprecedented probably equates to not much more than £150-200k. Of course this is all speculation, but I just cannot see us paying silly fees no matter how good he is.

Mid Devon Grecian

I agree that Newport should expect around £500k. 19 goals in little over half a season is superb.

But, there’s no chance that we’d spend that much on one single player.

Yes, we have ‘unprecedented’ funds, but in context, Hawker said they were unprecedented compared to any previous January window since he’s been involved…As we’ve spent at most £50k in previous January windows, unprecedented probably equates to not much more than £150-200k. Of course this is all speculation, but I just cannot see us paying silly fees no matter how good he is.
Not just the fee. Wages he could command almost certainly out of our reach.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We aren't spending £500k on a striker...

LDNGrecian

where did i say exactly I was happy for Nombe to be sold ..... I was discussing the VAT issue as you well know :unsure: we are a selling club with a model that requires us to maximise the fees we get for our most sellable players. Was i happy for sam to be sold for 1.2M yes - was I happy we didn't replace him - an emphatic no. Two seperate issues
We did not bank 1.2m… much closer to 500k

grecianstew

With his contract up in the summer what do we think his price would be?
I imagine yesterday afternoon his price was ticking over like a taxi meter.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We did not bank 1.2m… much closer to 500k
Yep I agree and said that on an earlier post given we had to take MK's amount plus VAT out of the total would have left us somewhere between 500-650k

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep I agree and said that on an earlier post given we had to take MK's amount plus VAT out of the total would have left us somewhere between 500-650k
And in addition to that, most transfer fees are paid in instalments so we’re probably still waiting for at least half of the fee.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
HAs there been any news on the Key Tribunal?