• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure Stevens would be just the type of mobile striker gary feels would fit into our team. However, (a I cant see Fgr selling their only chance of getting out of the mire and B) i cant see us spending 300k on a player that would be available on a free in the summer. FgR aren't going to let him go for less than that kind of money when relegation to the conference would cost them way more
Right I am calling you Mr Flip Flop. You argue the case for the Vegans hanging onto Stevens on the basis of the cost of relegation to the Conference, yet you are happy for us to have sold Nombe, which if it leads to relegation to League 2 results in losing a million + in solidarity payments alone, plus large sums from all other income streams ! Make your blooming mind up ! :p

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right I am calling you Mr Flip Flop. You argue the case for the Vegans hanging onto Stevens on the basis of the cost of relegation to the Conference, yet you are happy for us to have sold Nombe, which if it leads to relegation to League 2 results in losing a million + in solidarity payments alone, plus large sums from all other income streams ! Make your blooming mind up ! :p
where did i say exactly I was happy for Nombe to be sold ..... I was discussing the VAT issue as you well know :unsure: we are a selling club with a model that requires us to maximise the fees we get for our most sellable players. Was i happy for sam to be sold for 1.2M yes - was I happy we didn't replace him - an emphatic no. Two seperate issues

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
FGR aren't exactly a brilliant model for how to run a club, are they? They've got a guy with a load of money (hence they can choose more easily not to sell) and not much sense (hence they're in a relegation scrap a league down from us). It was right to sell Nombe... We just needed to (p)replace him way way before he left.

PeteUni1984_7

Evans with 19 goals so far this season now. Looked like he was waving goodbye to the Newport fans. I think I heard him say something about Caldball 😉
I noticed him saying good bye to the fans too.
Would make sense to play that game before the transfer but deal otherwise agreed... hence caldwell's confidence in getting a striker in

andrew p long

Offrande Zanzala back from injury to make the bench for Newport.

Just saying like...

Colesman Ballz

Would make sense to play that game before the transfer but deal otherwise agreed... hence caldwell's confidence in getting a striker in
Can't see even our "Mega Budget" being able to stretch far enough to get Evans, particularly after his display today unfortunately, but would be pleased to be proved wrong.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d not seen Evans play before, only caught a few highlights, but I was massively impressed. He physical, direct and has an eye for goal. I’d love us to get him, but really can’t see it as surely bigger L1 clubs or Champ clubs would be in for him. It’d be a real statement of intent though.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d not seen Evans play before, only caught a few highlights, but I was massively impressed. He physical, direct and has an eye for goal. I’d love us to get him, but really can’t see it as surely bigger L1 clubs or Champ clubs would be in for him. It’d be a real statement of intent though.
Would've been a big stretch in the summer, but not a cat in hell's chance now

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Very impressive you would like to think we would at least asked the question

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With his contract up in the summer what do we think his price would be?