• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Bridgy 81

HAs there been any news on the Key Tribunal?
I’ve just (literally) asked that same question on a different thread!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve just (literally) asked that same question on a different thread!
Great minds ......

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
We aren't spending £500k on a striker...
Lucky if we spend £100000. Four days to go , looks like this is going to the wire as a lot of folk thought it would.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lucky if we spend £100000. Four days to go , looks like this is going to the wire as a lot of folk thought it would.
January is always a tough month to recruit in but this year it seems particularly bad.

I wonder if FFP is having an impact throughout the pyramid? The big clubs don't want to spend and therefore aren't selling/loaning players like they normally would. It's all one big domino effect that usually all kicks off on the last day.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
And in addition to that, most transfer fees are paid in instalments so we’re probably still waiting for at least half of the fee.
In our situation of budgeting in three year cycles it's largely immaterial as those payments will be put into the appropriate yearly budgets i guess

denzel

Interesting that I saw on one of those Twitter accounts that we are interested in Michael Mellon, but when I clicked on it it had been deleted...

Phil Sayers

Interesting that I saw on one of those Twitter accounts that we are interested in Michael Mellon, but when I clicked on it it had been deleted...
He's just joined Dundee on loan for the rest of the season:

'Goal-scorer' Mellon joins Dundee on loan (msn.com)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
HAs there been any news on the Key Tribunal?
Currently locked in negotiations

I think that account in question literally scans this thread and other teams forums and posts on Twitter (probably gets paid for interactions). Will Evans was mentioned on this thread yesterday/today and they posted this morning saying that we were interested

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We aren't spending £500k on a striker...
It could be shortsighted not to spend 500k on Will Evans. Get him on a 2.5 year deal. He's still young and if he continues his goalscoring form with us he could sell for 3 or 4 times that this time next season.