• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we really good enough....

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll remember where we heard it first Mr Jan Yeo...!
Uummmmmm...........some other bugger probably said it first :D

OOOH Look a Torquay fan *points and then runs away*

Yorkie

Well, for my first post on Exeweb, I'd better make it a positive statement.

Basically, I have no idea how well we'll do. *-)

It's been five years since we've been in the league, I don't know whether the standards changed, what the general style of football is, how our youngsters will adapt to it, or anything much, to be honest.

Which is why I'm delighted Tiz has decided to take a wait-and-see approach. IF we aren't being competitive he can change it with fresh blood. Yet it's clearly only right to see how it goes. The momentum from last year may make any new signings superfluous, and a rash of new signings may mess with the camaraderie we've built up.

We should just relish the stability of the situation, both financially and playing-wise, rather then scream for the changes which might effect both positives, in my opinion. [ecfc]
A good 1st post Pobbop, welcome to Exweb[ecfc]

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We should just relish the stability of the situation, both financially and playing-wise, rather then scream for the changes which might effect both positives, in my opinion. [ecfc]
Makes sense to me. I be happy with us to finish mid-table for a couple of seasons and find our feet both on and off the pitch. As we all know, things have changed dramatically in a short space of time in the world of football and doubt that League 2/Division 4 (call it what you will) is any different in that. Let's find the lie of the land and then push on again in a couple of seasons and that does mean having patience for a while.

Pobbop

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here:)

exesaddler

Not sure how we will fare but I do think we will finish higher than our position will be at Christmas. I think, by then, we will have a better understanding on how the squad is settled in, how our style of football is holding up and have the ability to add to the team in the transfer window.

Some of the moaners might find this hard going but I for one will stick it out if that's the case. We all know the merits of Tis and his management team now and I think they will adapt well, even if it does take a little time.

C'mon City!....Bring it on.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being out of the League for 5 years we will be an unknown quantity for most of the other teams in L2,makes me think how nervous the opposistion will be about us as the season starts.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
.......for the rigours of League Two Football next season?
Yes.

We are more than adequately staffed in each area of the pitch, and although that doesn't mean we shouldn't look to strengthen, it does mean we should be comfortable starting the season with our current line-up.

We'll be fine IMO.

TIME FOR A 3 YEAR CONTRACT FOR THE LEGEND THAT IS
Well, for my first post on Exeweb, I'd better make it a positive statement.

Basically, I have no idea how well we'll do. *-)

It's been five years since we've been in the league, I don't know whether the standards changed, what the general style of football is, how our youngsters will adapt to it, or anything much, to be honest.

Which is why I'm delighted Tis has decided to take a wait-and-see approach. IF we aren't being competitive he can change it with fresh blood. Yet it's clearly only right to see how it goes. The momentum from last year may make any new signings superfluous, and a rash of new signings may mess with the camaraderie we've built up.

good first post but you need to get this bit right!

Pobbop

Okay, will do, but surely it should be "Tis'", in that case.

I must admit I've not often written it out, just said it, so i'll go with the consensus:)

robin

are we good enough
in the past ive been a critic,but you can only say as you see it , but imo edwards was a/the major/decisive factor in our great second half of the season , sitting and protecting in front of our relatively inexperienced centre backs, as long as hes playing or panther is as good as his reputation, than imo we should be ok.