• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we really good enough....

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
we didn't blow the conference away last season
I think we did during the second half of the season. In terms of points gained we made up a huge amount of ground on Torquay from Boxing Day onwards. Seems to me that the longer the season went on, the better and stronger we got.

ExeGooner

I think we did during the second half of the season. In terms of points gained we made up a huge amount of ground on Torquay from Boxing Day onwards. Seems to me that the longer the season went on, the better and stronger we got.
Yep, fair point.

I think fans will enjoy the season more if we go into the season with the attitude, who knows where we finish? The higher the better without any dead set expectations.

chalkyno1

Yep, fair point.

I think fans will enjoy the season more if we go into the season with the attitude, who knows where we finish? The higher the better without any dead set expectations.
Exactly, then if we carry on some momentum from last season and have a good run straight off then all the better. But I don't think we should get carried away with whatever happens. If we start the season with a few losses then we should keep our chins up, likewise if we start with a few victories we shouldn't necessarily assume we are dead certs to get promoted.

I do think maybe getting in a young winger on loan for a couple of months at the start of the season could be a decent option, to maybe use from the bench, just to add a little depth and cover for the players who will be returning from injury and will take a little while to get back to match fitness.

Newtonpop

[y] Chelsea :D End of the day that team does not produce the results you'd expect (as in they didn't win everything)
Which is my point;)

Thanks for putting it more succinctly.

Newtonpop

Makes sense to me. I be happy with us to finish mid-table for a couple of seasons and find our feet both on and off the pitch. As we all know, things have changed dramatically in a short space of time in the world of football and doubt that League 2/Division 4 (call it what you will) is any different in that. Let's find the lie of the land and then push on again in a couple of seasons and that does mean having patience for a while.
Exactly!! That's what should happen for a season or 2 then go for the promotion just like we did in the Conference, although some people wanted promotion straightaway, didn't they Ian??? Because we were in a " Tinpot league ":$

grecIAN Harris

Exactly!! That's what should happen for a season or 2 then go for the promotion just like we did in the Conference, although some people wanted promotion straightaway, didn't they Ian??? Because we were in a " Tinpot league ":$
And why did we want promotion instantly? Because we were in a sh!t league that wasn't big enough or good enough for us IOHO. Now maybe that was getting above our station given our situation but I bet it's exactly the same response from the majority of Leeds fans when they got relegated to League 1.

JamieEcfc

I think the Question now is are we good enough for League One...

journeyman

In answer to the opening post, I think so!

STURTZ

what the hell is all this pessimisim, we are going back into league 2 for christ sake, keep the pessimisim for when we go up to league 1 next year.

Top marks to southamptongrecian!

Feeling pessimistic yet Norm?