• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we really good enough....

TIME FOR A 3 YEAR CONTRACT FOR THE LEGEND THAT IS
In one word YES! we are ready we got steve p,yems and the legend himself mr tis. they all have league experinece playing or managing.the football we play will go a treat in this league we showed we match teams at bury and the people who were there would agree with me we matched them for 80 odd minutes but we lack the killer blow (and there keeper made save of the season againist logan amongest others) but with the strike force we have a think we will fair well if we keep goals comming from players all other the pitch.

we should not get to carried away and expect promtion,mid table would be great it was a million miles away five years ago now it is 8 months away! so enjoy this season and remember IN TIS WE TRUST!!!

ECFC TOM

Personally I believe and trust in Tis.
Have a feeling we will be pushing for a play off place!
I have the same feeling, but if we do finish mid table (which is by no means a bad position) I will also be proud and confident that we can push on the following season

Ian Mancey

I have the same feeling, but if we do finish mid table (which is by no means a bad position) I will also be proud and confident that we can push on the following season
Agree Mid table first year totally respectable. But personally I think we have a little bit more qaulity than that. Pitty Carlisle jumped ship I think this league would have suited him?

Pobbop

Well, for my first post on Exeweb, I'd better make it a positive statement.

Basically, I have no idea how well we'll do. *-)

It's been five years since we've been in the league, I don't know whether the standards changed, what the general style of football is, how our youngsters will adapt to it, or anything much, to be honest.

Which is why I'm delighted Tiz has decided to take a wait-and-see approach. IF we aren't being competitive he can change it with fresh blood. Yet it's clearly only right to see how it goes. The momentum from last year may make any new signings superfluous, and a rash of new signings may mess with the camaraderie we've built up.

We should just relish the stability of the situation, both financially and playing-wise, rather then scream for the changes which might effect both positives, in my opinion. [ecfc]

ECFC_Nick

Our squad isnt good enough, in my opinion. We could be in for a long season....

hatch4england

I just hope we are good enough to stay up. We'll find out.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 words. WE WILL BE FINE.
UTC.

southamptongrecian

what the hell is all this pessimisim, we are going back into league 2 for christ sake, keep the pessimisim for when we go up to league 1 next year.

Ian Mancey

what the hell is all this pessimisim, we are going back into league 2 for christ sake, keep the pessimisim for when we go up to league 1 next year.
Well said SG, KEEP THE FAITH!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
League 2 could mean a change in tactics for us this season,so the players who top our goalscoring table might be different to last season.Factor in the signing of Watson & Mcallister & we have a different striker line up,combine that with the possibility of Saunders being fit then I feel we have more scoring options than last year.