• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2023/24

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The players waiting on contract news are:
Alfie Cunningham (currently on loan at Tavistock but getting little game time).
Stanford Daniels (currently on loan at Tiverton).
Tom Dean (today continues his run of being the only ever present in the team).
Sam Joce (missed lots of games this season and hasn’t played for the youth team since 16th December)
Scott Simmons (missed most of the season through injury. Played his first game in 3 months against Newport but is not in the team again today).

Max Edgecombe who has missed much of the season with injury already has a pro contract.
Very useful update as always. Do we know which of the first year pros are out of contract?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very useful update as always. Do we know which of the first year pros are out of contract?
I don't..but I can't find any evidence of contracts beyond this summer for anyone except Charlie Cummins who has a contract until summer 2026.

Number13

I assume those who got Pro deals at the end of their 2 year YTS (or whatever it is called now) last summer all only got 1 year deals and will all be out of contract now and the majority will be released I expect

DawlishBouy

Full Time: City 4 MK Dons 3
Cooper, Cutler, Dean?, og

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match report

andrew p long

Match report

Interesting that again the side is picked/managed by Nicky Ajose but the quotes are from Chris McPhee. Full line ups not provided?

Meanwhile one of the many interesting things said by Kevin Nicholson to the Senior Reds yesterday was that scholars are guaranteed game time - apparently there is a rule that they must play in 50% of games. The context was that one of the many experiences of loans for our young players is the need to persuade a manager to pick you - and the risk of not playing at all. Kev said that no loan is a failure/waste of time - even the players who get sent back without much/any game time still learn valuable lessons from that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The U18s have a 12:45 kick away to Gillingham.

Christian

Lost 4-0 today.

andrew p long

Definitely going to have to be some difficult decisions about the young players. 15 players to choose from.

We have 9 professionals in the first year pro age group (ie turning 19 during this season) That's Cox,Lee and 6 other academy graduates plus Charlie Cummins. And 6 players from the year group below as helpfully set out by Dawlish Buoy - all looking for a pro deal this summer..

I'd guess 9 is about right for the 2 years combined, which would mean releasing one first year pro for every U18 offered a pro deal for next year. I was listening out for mentions of first year professionals by Ke Nicholson on Tuesday and he name checked Pedro Borges, Mitch Beardmore and Ed James (albeit in a different context) So my wild speculation would be positive for the future of those 3 .

Number13

Definitely going to have to be some difficult decisions about the young players. 15 players to choose from.

We have 9 professionals in the first year pro age group (ie turning 19 during this season) That's Cox,Lee and 6 other academy graduates plus Charlie Cummins. And 6 players from the year group below as helpfully set out by Dawlish Buoy - all looking for a pro deal this summer..

I'd guess 9 is about right for the 2 years combined, which would mean releasing one first year pro for every U18 offered a pro deal for next year. I was listening out for mentions of first year professionals by Ke Nicholson on Tuesday and he name checked Pedro Borges, Mitch Beardmore and Ed James (albeit in a different context) So my wild speculation would be positive for the future of those 3 .
Can someone just clarify the 6 who are currently Pro aside from Cox, Lee and Cummins please

And then when thats done, whoch are likely to get deals?