• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Windfall Spend

Trapdoor

Away end is fine. Only sells out a few times each season so we aren't losing much.

The only realistic way to substantially increase ground capacity would be a move out of the town, or to a bigger site. The cost? 40-50 mil would not be surprising for a 20k capacity ground.

Red Bill

Roughly speaking we will have trousered £2.5M+ from Ethan, Archie and Josh (Key) with some additional from Josh Coley and Jake Caprice (when confirmed). This will inevitably lead to discussions on the Trust and Club Boards on how best to use this windfall. Let's remember this money will come into the club over the course of the next three years it won't instantly arrive in the club's bank account :)
So if you were on said boards what would you do? Options could include: (1) Revamping of the away end such as a new double decker stand; (2) Phase two of the Training ground such as a new building for the Acadamy or (4) a new Indoor 4G facility; (5) Significantly enhanced contract extensions for Nombe, Borges, Lee, Cox and an increase to the playing budget for the next 3 seasons.
What would be your preference/s?
My feeling is that expected transfer/compensation income from Key and Collins eas very much a part of the funding considerations for the CH redevelopment, so that income is no doubt already accounted for. So not sure how much windfall there is beyond Ampadu money.
But:
1) Don't think recent income would touch the sides on this.
2) I'd like to see a portion put aside to help complete phase 2, but wouldn't want to see all money go on this.
4) I'd like to see a costed business case for this, as moving to level 2 academy comes with increases staffing requirements etc, so would need to see evidence that this was a good use of money.
5) there's no point in all these infrastructure improvements unless it moves us forward on the pitch, so at some point income income going into the playing needs to 8mcrease as a percentage of income received, so I would certainly favour a majority chunk of any recent transfer income, going here.

Intheknow84

I would suggest this summer we have had near enough 3 million in. We have had weeks of having to pay reduced wages and some big wage earner off the books.
not to forgetwhatever we got for Jay and Dieng in Jan and Watkins money for staying up

So we should have significant to bring in Carroll plus maybe 2-3 more players the invest in the next projects.

I would suggest one project must be to enhance the ground to get another 2000 onto the capacity.

also look at completing stage 2 of the academy buildings.

JCWhoosh

Definitely revamp / enlarge the catering kiosk in the Big Bank. Would get more sales imo.

Trapdoor

Definitely revamp / enlarge the catering kiosk in the Big Bank. Would get more sales imo.
Selling beer at half time to the big bank would make us a fortune.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
All profits would go to the fines we would have to pay😀

Colesman Ballz

You could only sell it at the kiosk on the jungle path, for consumption on the spot (out of sight of the pitch). You would need staff to sell it, and they might be difficult to find unless you pay them for a lot longer than 15 minutes work !

Agent Andy

Don’t forget that moving to a cat 2 would almost pay for itself with a big increase in Premier league/EFL funding , it’s just getting to that starting point .

Grecian Max

I doubt any of this is windfall money in the truest sense of the word. I would be amazed if we didn't budget for income from all three of these players. Therefore, I heavily expect that a sizeable proportion of the money we will get for them, is already in our playing budget.
“We always have projects, we're always trying to invest capital investment within the club, and when they come in very often the plans are put together and we wait and see if we can afford to do them or not."

That’s suggests otherwise to me

Reactions: Ash

Grecianman135

All profits would go to the fines we would have to pay😀
Nothing like breaking even 🤭😉