• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Windfall Spend

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Roughly speaking we will have trousered £2.5M+ from Ethan, Archie and Josh (Key) with some additional from Josh Coley and Jake Caprice (when confirmed). This will inevitably lead to discussions on the Trust and Club Boards on how best to use this windfall. Let's remember this money will come into the club over the course of the next three years it won't instantly arrive in the club's bank account :)
So if you were on said boards what would you do? Options could include: (1) Revamping of the away end such as a new double decker stand; (2) Phase two of the Training ground such as a new building for the Acadamy or (4) a new Indoor 4G facility; (5) Significantly enhanced contract extensions for Nombe, Borges, Lee, Cox and an increase to the playing budget for the next 3 seasons.
What would be your preference/s?

ryancooper327

Option 3 ;-)

Joking aside, think the playing squad does need some attention… Churn is bad enough this year, next year we’ll lose the starting XI loanees plus many more at present…

yticretexe

Extending Demetri Mitchell should be up there in priorities.

tom_ecfc

Stick it all on red! 🎰

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Extending Demetri Mitchell should be up there in priorities.
Put him on the rack.
We get nothing for Caprice.
Anyhoos. Split 70-30 playing budget and Academy.

Grecian Max

Put it towards the new ground fund, we don’t own the land and the inevitable will happen at some point

Only another £29 million to go

Boyo

Wasn’t the decision to upgrade the training ground based on the prediction of generating a significant amount of transfer income and a Trust loan? Is much of the income already spent?

tom_ecfc

Obviously some of the money needs to go into the playing budget but apart from that, as mentioned, phase 2 of the training ground buildings and an indoor pitch to push us up a category. I’d also like a revamp of the facilities for the Big Bank, toilets, kiosks etc.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt any of this is windfall money in the truest sense of the word. I would be amazed if we didn't budget for income from all three of these players. Therefore, I heavily expect that a sizeable proportion of the money we will get for them, is already in our playing budget.

denzel

Whatever it takes to get the best youngsters in the South West...

Love to revamp the away end but I don't think 2 or 3 mn will touch the sides, and I don't really care about away fans anyway.