• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which Goalkeeps do you want to see between the sticks at SJP ?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see any evidence of unhealthy infatuation here; just a perfectly reasonable response to an unexpected tweet. Anyway you can add Scott Hiley, Jamie Cureton, Steve Tully, Jake Taylor and even Matt Taylor to the list of former players who have been successfully brought back to SJP
Oh, shame on me for already forgetting such a list of such recent heroes as well?

Still, as the good book of ECFC says
there will always be more rejoicing in Devon over the many good ex-players who repenteth than over a former self-righteous ex-director who will not relenteth.

Grecian2K

The club have just put a post on Instagram of Bobby olejnik as well
No smoke without fire???

And, after quick check on Wiki, exactly the right height to keep our Arizonan expert quiet?

Six foot two
Eyes of Blue
Bobby O is after you
With a nick nak paddywack,
Give our Pate a bone
Why don't Argyle* f-off home

*other opponents are available on request.

PeteUSA

I dont want Olejnik. One basinful of him was enough. Far too error prone.

Grecian2K

Far too error prone.
So do you never read your own contributions to Exeweb then??? ;)

Colesman Ballz

So do you never read your own contributions to Exeweb then??? ;)
Ah the benefits of a selective memory ! :)

Red Devon

Olejnik is supposed to be out injured until December according to the BBC

Matt Russell

I dont want Olejnik. One basinful of him was enough. Far too error prone.
Looking on the positive side. Who WOULD you welcome with open arms?
(I appreciate open arms are not advisable for GKs)

Last edited:

Smiverz

Frank fielding for me

ryancooper327

I think we could sign De Gea and someone will say ‘hmm, he was a bit iffy towards the end of the season’.

I will welcome any addition and trust the club to have done their due diligence. Of course I have my preferred targets as any fan would. I also hope the number 1 comes in sooner rather than later to solidify the back line. A number 2 can come in later.

Stelios

Pretty shocking that Hamon was allowed to stay on the books for so long. Just seems a massive waste of time, effort and resources. Got nothing against the guy and wish him all the best but to my eyes he never looked like a potential 1st team keeper. Of course all keepers make mistakes but his whole demeanour between the posts seemed to betray a total lack of confidence. Everything looked edgy and nervous. When he dealt with the simplest ball into the box the whole crowd would hold it's breath then breathe a huge sigh of relief when he didn't drop a clanger.

It is especially hard for young keepers though.

MT's comments about needing players who aren't just good value off the pitch but need to be able to perform on it seemed to be aimed squarely at poor Hammy.

Pym is going to take a hell of a lot of replacing. You need to be made of certain stuff to be a keeper and he had it in spades.