• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where are all the gold members?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Silver priority me. Been to every game bar Morecambe this season but don't really argue with my priority status. However when I know people who are gold members and don't go to even half the games I do (out of choice) it does make me question this priority system.

Load of *****

rp42

People know what they have to do to be a Gold member,so instead of moaning about it pay into the TRUST and be a season ticket holder,Simples:)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
'Gold - Always Believe In Your Soul'

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I joined the supporters club to get gold priority but still haven't bothered to get tickets for argyle home which is now selling to community members. will probably get mine on Saturday but looking like it will be ok to wait until the week before the game.

torquay away is the most likely to cause a problem, but even then if we sell the end out the home sections certainly wont be full.

while the system is quite probably not perfect if people want to go that badly then 24 quid a year for the trust is cheap and so is the supporters club and similar groups at a tenner.

Thames Valley Red

And you were at Northampton !!
I am a "Gold Member" (ahem) and was also at Cobblers, but the Leys as a breed of hard core fans need to join an Exiles club for example, does that not work? Many people dont go to home games as much are still 'Gold Members' and pay for it in other forms of commitment. The scheme needs some work!

Leyster

I joined the supporters club to get gold priority but still haven't bothered to get tickets for argyle home which is now selling to community members. will probably get mine on Saturday but looking like it will be ok to wait until the week before the game.

torquay away is the most likely to cause a problem, but even then if we sell the end out the home sections certainly wont be full.

while the system is quite probably not perfect if people want to go that badly then 24 quid a year for the trust is cheap and so is the supporters club and similar groups at a tenner.
Go in the home end what a load of bull!! Any real Exeter fan who goes to every game should never have to go in the home end at an away game and should never want to.

The trust maybe only 24 quid a year, but thats another 96 quid for us on top of the 5k we already ship out. The trust doesnt run the club anymore, they merely hand the money over to the board. IMO the trust has now become a joke, just as much as singing we own our football club is.

Saying your a gold member and that you havent even bothered to get your argyle at home ticket yet, kind off says how bad our priority system is with this low level of effort and loyalty from someone at the top of our priority system.

I and the other 3 family members will not be joining the trust unless it starts to prove its worth. And if we were not to get tickets for one of the games, im sure we will be considering our loyalty to the club!

There is a difference between fans like me who are at every game whether its Hartlepool away or Carlisle away on a tuesday night and fans who go to half the home games when it suits them and pick and choose a few away game like Argyle and Rovers. This should be the line in priority.

Grecian_Jay

Get over yourself. You claim to be some super fan but aren't even in The Trust. Stop whinging.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Go in the home end what a load of bull!! Any real Exeter fan who goes to every game should never have to go in the home end at an away game and should never want to.

The trust maybe only 24 quid a year, but thats another 96 quid for us on top of the 5k we already ship out. The trust doesnt run the club anymore, they merely hand the money over to the board. IMO the trust has now become a joke, just as much as singing we own our football club is.

Saying your a gold member and that you havent even bothered to get your argyle at home ticket yet, kind off says how bad our priority system is with this low level of effort and loyalty from someone at the top of our priority system.

I and the other 3 family members will not be joining the trust unless it starts to prove its worth. And if we were not to get tickets for one of the games, im sure we will be considering our loyalty to the club!

There is a difference between fans like me who are at every game whether its Hartlepool away or Carlisle away on a tuesday night and fans who go to half the home games when it suits them and pick and choose a few away game like Argyle and Rovers. This should be the line in priority.
have simply not bothered getting argyle tickets yet because they are not selling quickly so I am safe in being able to go to the game pretty much however late I leave it. because I didn't want to miss out I made sure I was a gold member and if the tickets had started selling very fast I would have cracked on and bought mine.

when it comes to torquay away I will probably act much faster because their are less tickets available.

I used to see virtually every game during the ninties, my circumstances have changed in the last decade but I still see most homes and occasional aways. fair play to you all for going to all the matches but unless people start missing out on games I don't think there is a problem. I am not saying the system is right or wrong, but it is the system so the choice is to either get a higher priority, ask those with priority for help if they are not going to use their allocation, wait until your group is being sold to, go in the home end or choose not to go to the match.

by all means complain to the club and give your reasons but I think you will be able to see all the matches if you want to.

Boyo

I think the current system is unneccessarily confusing. I don't think too many people would have a problem with the following membership hierachy:
Gold - season ticket holders
Silver - Trust members
Bronze - other supporter group member
Community - on the database

However leyster, the rules laid out by the club are as they are. There will only be a mass scramble for tickets if the FA cup draw is kind to us. You'll be fine for Argyle, Torquay and Newport.

Finally the Trust should provide a family option. £50 for 2 adults and however many children.

Thames Valley Red

I think the current system is unneccessarily confusing. I don't think too many people would have a problem with the following membership hierachy:
Gold - season ticket holders
Silver - Trust members
Bronze - other supporter group member
Community - on the database

However leyster, the rules laid out by the club are as they are. There will only be a mass scramble for tickets if the FA cup draw is kind to us. You'll be fine for Argyle, Torquay and Newport.

Finally the Trust should provide a family option. £50 for 2 adults and however many children.
How about 1931ers that pay around the same as a season ticket?