• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where are all the gold members?

Leyster

Gold member here, supporter for 23 years and Trust member for 10.

Due to work and family commitments (plus no longer living in Exeter) I don't get to as many games as I'd like to, so have to pick and choose to an extent which ones I can make.

It's a tough one, this membership scheme. On one hand, I've given a lot to the club over the years, both in money and in other ways around the early to mid years since the Trust took control. If, say, we had another Manchester United draw, I'd be gutted to miss out given I've supported on the club thick and thin. On the other, I've become much more of a part-time supporter in recent years because of personal circumstances. Is it fair that when a big game comes up, I should be first in line for a ticket? (That said, I'll be coming down to watch us v Hartlepool in a few weeks, which is hardly a glamour tie. I just want to watch games when I can). And if the next few years go to plan, personally, watching Exeter live will be nearly impossible. Doesn't take away the years I've spent on the terraces or my love for the club.

The club will always be damned no matter what they do in this area as there'll always be somebody unhappy. That they need some kind of system in place for those rare occasions is without a doubt, but they are just that. Rare. Is this the right way to do it? I don't know. Ask me again when we've had a few really big games.

What I'd probably say to the OP is that 300 people at Northampton really doesn't affect your status or ability to enjoy watching City either way. And you'll probably have no issue getting tickets for most games. I guess we won't know if it works until we get another lucky FA Cup draw (not exactly likely given our recent record). Until then, chill. It's probably not worth getting too worked up about.
Like u say at the end there, no problem getting tickets for most games. But thats the point i go to every game, i dont want tickets to most games i want tickets to every game. With me if it got to the point were i could only pick and choose i dont think i would go anymore. Not to say that everyone should be like that but if i cant do every game whats the point in doing some. And if you were picking and choosing games and we had lost a couple in a row and then we had hartlepool at home, u would think ahh il leave it this week.
Just my views but there ya go.

Leyster

Argyle..Its a Tuesday evening & the away section holds about 2,500.Torquay holds about 1,400(with the new stand) dunno about Newport,(about 1,000 I would guess).I bet you and your family get tickets though.

I know how you feel.I did almost all of the games away in the Conference,but could not be arsed to waste time queuing(due to work) to get a ticket for the the most important game.The play-off at Torquay.
Going to all of those games did not entitle me to anything.(a mate had a spare that allowed me to go in the end)
Yeah i know it entitles us to nothing but i am also a season ticket holder. Season ticket holders should always be ranked first in priority like at every other club in the country. But why cant we have a priority system on loyalty.
Most away games you can buy the tickets before, normally for a discounted price. When we do this for every away game the club takes our names, therefore the club knows how many games we go to. Surely this wouldnt take much to implement.

Olivia's mum

Correct, sir. And Dagenham.
I didn't see you at Northampton FBH ;)

I must say I know a few fans who don't miss a game home or away,total respect to them

mammooman

I used to do every match home and away. My work schedule won't allow that anymore so I gave up the season ticket. I'm quite happy to be a bronze (or is it silver?!) member through EDG membership and being on the database.

If there ever arose a situation where we had a match that the demand was so great even I'd be likely to miss out then I'd like to think that I know of enough city fans who would help me out. I mean, isn't that what it's all about.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the past I've bought season tickets knowing in advance I'd only get to at best half the home games per season.

I need to feel really positive about watching some good football at SJP to go for that though, with the setup as it is now I definitely wouldnt do that. Hell watching the Daggers and Northampton games has been enough for me this year to be brutally honest.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
And mansfield, morecombe and the 5 home games?
Nah, couldn't be arsed.

FAN-TATIC

I'm Gold! Anyone want at ticket to Newport, Torquay and Argyle away? IMO for two of those you will not need to be Gold. The other one? I may be abe to help.

Before this unnecessary system came into being I have never had any difficulty in getting tickets for either the Torquay or Plymouth away games, being a ST holder was all that was needed. Can't see that it will be any different now.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fuss over nothing if you ask me. I'm a gold member (but not sure if my farzher is, geddit, etc...) but I'm 99% certain not to be going to Torquay or Argyle away, although will likely be at Newport.

I'm sure that for all the "big" matches anyone who wants a ticket will get one without any problems whatsoever.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If we had to buy tickets for away games from the Club then they could create a loyalty system based on attendance at away games. That would probably be a lot fairer. Not sure about presenting, say, 8 away ticket stubs would work as people can pick up tickets on ebay, etc.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Bronze and proud.