• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where are all the gold members?

Leyster

After not even having 300 fans at Northampton, i think its time to re-raise the issue of priority. My family 4 of us, have been to all 9 games and are bronze in priority. There has got to be over 1,000 gold members and less than 200 fans (of any priority) could have been to every game. This figure is no doubt way out and i would expect it to be somewhere in between 50 and 100. But yet im somewhere about 2000th in priority.

So where are all our great gold members?
Another pile of **** from the club. 29 years of going to 99.999999999% of games and this is what you get in return!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
After not even having 300 fans at Northampton, i think its time to re-raise the issue of priority. My family 4 of us, have been to all 9 games and are bronze in priority. There has got to be over 1,000 gold members and less than 200 fans (of any priority) could have been to every game. This figure is no doubt way out and i would expect it to be somewhere in between 50 and 100. But yet im somewhere about 2000th in priority.

So where are all our great gold members?
Another pile of **** from the club. 29 years of going to 99.999999999% of games and this is what you get in return!
I salute your loyality,but this Gold member thing is a load of nonsense imo.

I cannot see a senario when someone like yourself would not get a ticket for a game(how often is that likely to happen in the future ?)

Away travel does not count.Why would it ? Any priority system,whatever the merits is always going to be based around either attendance to SJP or membership of various groups connected to the football club....

For the record I am not a Gold member either.

Grecian Max

Gold is a waste of time (because there's so few of them), in fact the whole tiered system is ill thought out and unnecessary. I smell committees again...

fred binneys head

I'm a gold member, so have some bloody respect.

Some people.

Oldsmobile-88

I'm a gold member, so have some bloody respect.
And you were at Northampton !!

fred binneys head

Correct, sir. And Dagenham.

Leyster

Correct, sir. And Dagenham.
And mansfield, morecombe and the 5 home games?

Leyster

I salute your loyality,but this Gold member thing is a load of nonsense imo.

I cannot see a senario when someone like yourself would not get a ticket for a game(how often is that likely to happen in the future ?)

Away travel does not count.Why would it ? Any priority system,whatever the merits is always going to be based around either attendance to SJP or membership of various groups connected to the football club....

For the record I am not a Gold member either.
I have been told there are around 1,000 gold members when i spoke to the club. They said as a bronze member i may struggle for tickets for newport, argyle and torquay away.

GrecianInWales

Gold member here, supporter for 23 years and Trust member for 10.

Due to work and family commitments (plus no longer living in Exeter) I don't get to as many games as I'd like to, so have to pick and choose to an extent which ones I can make.

It's a tough one, this membership scheme. On one hand, I've given a lot to the club over the years, both in money and in other ways around the early to mid years since the Trust took control. If, say, we had another Manchester United draw, I'd be gutted to miss out given I've supported on the club thick and thin. On the other, I've become much more of a part-time supporter in recent years because of personal circumstances. Is it fair that when a big game comes up, I should be first in line for a ticket? (That said, I'll be coming down to watch us v Hartlepool in a few weeks, which is hardly a glamour tie. I just want to watch games when I can). And if the next few years go to plan, personally, watching Exeter live will be nearly impossible. Doesn't take away the years I've spent on the terraces or my love for the club.

The club will always be damned no matter what they do in this area as there'll always be somebody unhappy. That they need some kind of system in place for those rare occasions is without a doubt, but they are just that. Rare. Is this the right way to do it? I don't know. Ask me again when we've had a few really big games.

What I'd probably say to the OP is that 300 people at Northampton really doesn't affect your status or ability to enjoy watching City either way. And you'll probably have no issue getting tickets for most games. I guess we won't know if it works until we get another lucky FA Cup draw (not exactly likely given our recent record). Until then, chill. It's probably not worth getting too worked up about.

Oldsmobile-88

I have been told there are around 1,000 gold members when i spoke to the club. They said as a bronze member i may struggle for tickets for newport, argyle and torquay away.
Argyle..Its a Tuesday evening & the away section holds about 2,500.Torquay holds about 1,400(with the new stand) dunno about Newport,(about 1,000 I would guess).I bet you and your family get tickets though.

I know how you feel.I did almost all of the games away in the Conference,but could not be arsed to waste time queuing(due to work) to get a ticket for the the most important game.The play-off at Torquay.
Going to all of those games did not entitle me to anything.(a mate had a spare that allowed me to go in the end)

Last edited: