• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Red Lion, Avebury. Still astonishingly dreadful.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Red Lion, Avebury. Still astonishingly dreadful.
Dismal pub. But then there‘s no competition in the middle of nowhere.

At the other end of the scale: The Blue Anchor, Helston. Excellent pub with its own range of beers.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Devonshire Arms, Cambridge.

Actually would have been the Station Tavern for an extremely swift one before catching the train back, but the Devonshire was where we were mainly based. Cracking boozer.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Robin's Farm, North Swindon.

Lot's of people waiting to be served while staff strolled around with other things on their minds.

StroudGrecian

The Devonshire Arms, Cambridge.

Actually would have been the Station Tavern for an extremely swift one before catching the train back, but the Devonshire was where we were mainly based. Cracking boozer.
I had the misfortune of visiting the Station Tavern in Cambridge with the much-missed Dom Sanders for a 'swift one' before catching the train, I think it was after we had lost there 3-2 in 89/90? Seemed to be some sort of hoolies' disco going on - was glad to get out in one piece.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The "Victoria and Comet" (affectionately known as "The Spit and Vomit") opposite the central railway station in Newcastle. I'm talking 1970's and I think it's gone now. My friend hopped off the train on his first day ever in Newcastle, sauntered into the pub, ordered a pernod and was told to ***** off. The landlord was a dead ringer for Quasimodo and the whole place resembled a scene from a Hitchhiker's Guide bar but without the fun.

LOG

The White Hart, Modbury.

Decent food and a scowling old woman to laugh at. I don't think she's a permanent fixture though.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Za Za Bazaar, Bristol. A week ago last Wednesday. Interesting.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just back from Dorset where I visited the Blue Raddle, Royal Oak and the Brewhouse and Kitchen in Dorchester. Further afield the Pulpit Inn on the southern most tip of Portland.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Chequers Inn at Well in Hampshire. Nicely situated half way along my 6 mile walk. Nice pint of Badgers.