• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The Mint was a horrible place. It permanently stank of the toilets, it was always cold in there, they only sold crap, fizzy lager and some of the customers weren't the most pleasant of people.

Just me opinion, like.
Good thing about a few of these pubs was you could sit and have a pint while certain people went and done your "xmas shopping for you at a third of the price" lol

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably the same pubs that I would have called friendly lol Let me take a guess at ... The Dolphin , Coachmakers , Mitre, Mint, Queen Vic Thrupenny bit, Long Bar, Skinny Dog, London Inn, The Albert could get lively as could the Violent soldier.

The Chev was a good pub with Holly serving behind the bar Her and Angus would yap on like an old married couple for hours.

There were a few others that could be deemed dodgy on any given night but as long as you knew someone in there then there wasn't much fuss given to outsiders.
I' m going back to more than 30 years ago, but there are a few in your list I'd agree with you about.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I' m going back to more than 30 years ago, but there are a few in your list I'd agree with you about.
Mate ive been drinking in Exeter pubs since I was about 14 our family even ran a few at times around the City, 52 now so probably drinking around the same times.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Oak, Dewlish, Dorset. Where Sunday night the family quiz team was beaten into 2nd place by a measly 1/2 point.

The Piddle Inn, Piddletrenthide.

And finally, The Blue Raddle, Dorchester.

Colesman Ballz

The Oak, Dewlish, Dorset. Where Sunday night the family quiz team was beaten into 2nd place by a measly 1/2 point.

The Piddle Inn, Piddletrenthide.

And finally, The Blue Raddle, Dorchester.
They don't half use some funny names in that neck of the woods ! Hope they didn't serve you half measures as well Stuffy ! (beer)

Oldsmobile-88

The Mint was a horrible place. It permanently stank of the toilets, it was always cold in there, they only sold crap, fizzy lager and some of the customers weren't the most pleasant of people.

Just me opinion, like.
Dreadful establishment..The only time I enjoyed it in there was when I was working there in the early 1980s..The pub was shut at 3pm as was the norm back then,I lost my bearings whilst installing a new gas supply inside(it’s like a rabbit warren upstairs) & I caught the manager 5hagging a barmaid in one of the bedrooms..:D....Sounds like a confessions film script!!

Alistair20000

Just me opinion, like.
Thought that was your tipple of choice Lino :)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope they didn't serve you half measures as well Stuffy ! (beer)
The measures were good enough - which is more can be said of Dorch's, 'The Trumpet Major' a few years back.

The Blue Raddle has a fine selection of beers of which, according to the Welsh barmaid, Otter 3.6%, A Dartmoor Brewery ale and Cornish Tribute are the house favourites.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Have just spent the weekend in Prague on a stag do - great pubs and cheap ****

Swanaldo

The Pursuit of Hoppiness, a new "craft beer" place that has popped up.
And yet, with all those factors screaming 'run away!' you still grasped the nettle... I suppose we should be grateful that you suffered so that others don't have to.