• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sentinel - Mathew Dunn

Dunn was a field officer with MI6 before turning his hand to his 'Spycatcher' series of novels. An Exciting story that is well thought out by someone who knows what he's on about. My only gripe is that it's another book by a British author who, like Lee Childs, has a Yank as the hero. definitely written with the American market in mind.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Finally got round to and halfway through the third book in Brent Weeks ' Night Angel Trilogy , Beyond the Shadows.
Excellent series.

Last edited:

iscalad

Finally got round to and halfway through the third book in Brent Weeks ' Night Angel Trilogy , Beyond the Shadows.
Excellent series.
Indeed.

I picked up an old book to read today. The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham. My wife took one look and said "that's old" I said yep, published the year you were born. :)

Banksy

Indeed.

I picked up an old book to read today. The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham. My wife took one look and said "that's old" I said yep, published the year you were born. :)
I went through all those sci-fi books as a young lad in the fifties , Asimov , Poul Anderson , Wyndham and the like.Still pick up the odd one to read again , some still hold up surprisingly well.
Just as well for you Wyndham didn't write that one in the twenties!

Last edited:

iscalad

I went through all those sci-fi books as a young lad in the fifties , Asimov , Poul Anderson , Wyndham and the like.Still pick up the odd one to read again , some still hold up surprisingly well.
Just as well for you Wyndham didn't write that one in the twenties!
Made me smile.

Got introduced to The Day of the Triffids when it was set as a school book.in 1965. I still have my original copy. complete with margin notes. Bit of a book hoarder. :)

Oldsmobile-88

Love in Vain....The Story of the Ruts (& Ruts DC)...I was at a few of the gigs in 1979/80 that are mentioned in the book..The Memories came flooding back..A fantastic read.The rise of the Ruts coincided with Rock against Racism.
The Ruts along with another Southall band Misty in Roots were the standard bearers of RAR.
It is often forgotten that there was a nasty far right skinhead element at gigs in those days.The Ruts always faced them down..Bless 'em...RIP Malcom & Foxy..

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Domestique by charly wegelius, to accompany a bit of tour de France viewing.

Oldsmobile-88

The Peoples Game by Alan McDougall..Football,State & Society in East Germany..

Banksy

Fever , I've finally gotten round to starting 'I Am Pilgrim'.
Starting to get absorbed by it , good so far , but by the size of it it will take me a fair few weeks before I can sum it up!

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
More Blood, Sweat And Beers - Lawrence Dallagio

Reminiscences from former players across the rugby playing globe with a sizable amount of the sales revenue going to the 'Wooden Spoon' children's charity.