• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I got a case of THIS since it looks classy and was such a bargain. I'm hoping that will be enough although not many book club takers yet :(
Looks can deceive.

What does it taste like Fever ? We need the info.

Terryhall

Not posted in here yet, but I am currently quite a long way through "A Little Life" by Hanya Yanighara. Harrowing in places but very well written and doesn't feel at all like a 720 page book, which is a hard trick to pull off.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Her by Harriet Lane

Banksy

Monte Walsh by Jack Shaefer , author of Shane.
Reading this again after thirty years.Story of a cowboy's life on the range from a fifteen year old to his fifties.Amusingly written stuff.10/10.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Soldier spy by tom marcus. An mi5 memoir that reads like an Andy mcnab.

Exe on Valdez

The Age of Bowie by Paul Morley. A mixture of nailing it and struggling to make his point, but entertaining.

StroudGrecian

Sea of Poppies, by Amitav Ghosh. TBH I am struggling to get into it at present.

Banksy

Is Stuffy who started this thread o.k?Haven't seen a post from him for a while.

Swanaldo

I have books at various strategic locations:

Bedside Cab: Douglas Coupland - Microserfs. Prescient and smug in equal measure. Coupland captures the Zeitgeist before it even knows it's the Zeitgeist sometimes.

Bog: Michael Palin - Diaries 1982-1988. Posh Python, nice to hear some insider views of Brazil and Time Bandits, but too much detail about wine and restaurants.

Work: Some Paul Theroux travel piece. They are all the same, easy to dip in and out of, might get a snorting laugh every hundred pages.

Back Pocket: Catcher In The Rye, will be Cuckoo's Nest or Life, The Universe and Everything next week. Anything slim.

Abandoned: The Blind Watchmaker Yes, we get it. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Started off ok, became some post-apocalyptic Huck Finn saga. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler - Catcher in the Rye, only the sister is a Champanzee.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Abandoned: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Started off ok, became some post-apocalyptic Huck Finn saga.
Boo hiss. Loved that book!