• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Josh Coley - our new No. 31

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping that Coley now gets an extended run after his performance on Tuesday. I thought he looked a real threat showed some good tricks and had real pace and energy about him. Thought he outshone Edwards who didnt really make much impact. However, I think Matt will stick with the same wing back shape so Coley will have to come off the bench I suspect
In the highlights I thought Coley's first half cross for Edwards poor header was one of best I've seen at The Park.

andrew p long

the ups and downs of a new young player...ten days ago getting praise for the Oldham and hopes that he starts more.

But then he did start again against Carlisle and the general view on the MDT was that his performance was underwhelming.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
the ups and downs of a new young player...ten days ago getting praise for the Oldham and hopes that he starts more.

But then he did start again against Carlisle and the general view on the MDT was that his performance was underwhelming.
I think Matt wanted to see how versatile he was by starting him on the left v Carlisle. However, next time out if he's back on the right he could look a different player? I think he will prove to be an astute bit of business by our Matt

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a quick reminder that he's not related to Virat Kohli.

STURTZ

I think Matt wanted to see how versatile he was by starting him on the left v Carlisle. However, next time out if he's back on the right he could look a different player? I think he will prove to be an astute bit of business by our Matt
Exactly this. Coley is a right wing player, we're a bit over rich on that side at the moment. Hate seeing Caprice on the left and the same with Coley, both good players but wasted to an extent.

andrew p long

Just a quick reminder that he's not related to Virat Kohli.
They have just announced to those watching the India - New Zealand Test on Sky Sports that Virat Kohli isn't related to Exeter footballer Josh Coley either ;)

Grecian Max

Exactly this. Coley is a right wing player, we're a bit over rich on that side at the moment. Hate seeing Caprice on the left and the same with Coley, both good players but wasted to an extent.
Not sure why this keeps coming up, Caprice has been excellent this year and it’s because he’s switched sides.

Trapdoor

Not sure why this keeps coming up, Caprice has been excellent this year and it’s because he’s switched sides.
Generally I agree with you, but on Tuesday he was pretty ineffectual. Didn't beat the first man all night.

STURTZ

Yes he has been good as I always iterate but I think he's been better on the rare occasions he's been on the right.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes he has been good as I always iterate but I think he's been better on the rare occasions he's been on the right.
It's all about opinions. Personally, I think Jake has looked far better on the left than he ever has for us on the right and being able to cut inside on his stronger foot has added a goal threat to his game which he has never had before.