• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

dommers

Agree. Good set up and for a change some decent well timed subs. Was back against the wall a bit in the second half although really enjoyed listening to it.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the best stories of the day is that GC ordered and ate 3 barbecue bacon stacks from McDonald’s after the game. What a man.
I had one before the game. Brother from another mother.

Memphis09

Regular updates of 2 weeks away…instead of MTs 3 weeks! Have you noticed how Stubbs isn’t even mentioned anymore in any reports about how far the injured players are off from returning?
Would be very surprised to see him play for us again if nothing has been mentioned about his knee
Such a shame really good player and leader

Antony Moxey

My bad. I forgot every journalist is a complete idiot and you’re the definitive source on pretty much everything!
You got the first bit right at least.

Antony Moxey

There’s also a historic map, which features St James’s Place, ie a place in the parish of St James, and an extract from the Grecian Archive, which makes reference to various sites in Exeter which use the St James’s prefix. In addition, Aiden Hamilton’s definitive history of the ground refers to St James’s Park throughout. Tell me, have you or Moxey ever been wrong about anything in your lives?!
Why are you mentioning me? All I said was it was hardly earth shattering news for a journalist to get things wrong, and suggested looking at any on line media to see mistakes everywhere. Tell me, have you or your fellow journalists ever been wrong about anything in your lives?!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was great that he came to the away fans at the end of the game to give a salute to the travelling fans and accept theirs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So what's the feeling after the new man's first game? Team selection and substitutions worked well and they seemed well set up.
8/10 for me.
We came away with a point so no complaints. But I hope he has ideas on getting that team to step up a gear.

Grecian Max

We came away with a point so no complaints. But I hope he has ideas on getting that team to step up a gear.
That sounds like a complaint hants 😉

tom_ecfc

Good positives that he’s not afraid to take off our ‘main‘ players when required if either, as in tonights case, they work 100% and needed fresh legs or in general to change the shape. You could see we weren’t getting much joy up top with 20mins to go, so next best thing was to pack the midefield which he did with Jay and Kite. After only 1 afternoon on the training pitch that wasn’t too bad a performance and hoping for more flexibility with our play. GC mentioned Derby moved to a back 4 in the 2nd half and that we found it hard adapt. Something GC said more time on the training field will help improve us.

Juan Kerr

---------