• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm thinking unlike MT, Caldwell has come into the club and here's an obviously good player when fit but that he is not fit on a regular basis, Will he accept that we've a player who is mostly on the treatment table or maybe try to find a way to move him on if it looks like he's a way off returning?
Who would take him?

DB9

Who would take him?
Not many, Maybe leaving by mutual consent? If Stubbs is out for most of the season he'll be released by seasons end, I'm not saying this will happen just that a new boss comes in, Sees a semi-permenantly injured player and thinks "What does he bring to the team?" and "Couldn't this money be better spent?" Just me thinking aloud.

Oldsmobile-88

Hopefully the new manager with his Scottish connections will have a pre season tour in his homeland for 23/24.😎

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not many, Maybe leaving by mutual consent? If Stubbs is out for most of the season he'll be released by seasons end, I'm not saying this will happen just that a new boss comes in, Sees a semi-permenantly injured player and thinks "What does he bring to the team?" and "Couldn't this money be better spent?" Just me thinking aloud.
SFA will require GC to square it with Alan Stubbs first then a no fee exchange and we get Grecian Tilly back from N of the border !

Antony Moxey

Hopefully the new manager with his Scottish connections will have a pre season tour in his homeland for 23/24.😎
Would be no bad thing. Always fancied touring the motorhome up there.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is? We are St JAMES Park, ie the Park in the area known as St JAMES and not St JAMES' Park ie a park belonging to St JAMES, Basic '11 plus' or Year 6 English language. Surely even a journo should/would know that!
B4E52EBD-A4F7-4117-BD0D-EA827D13A357.png

As I said, the club has chosen to go with St James Park, which is perfectly reasonable, but you can equally well make a case for St James’s Park, or even St James’ Park.

4E957547-AD4A-47A2-8C8B-4F759A55AD93.jpeg

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You’ve seen the (very, very) basic spelling and grammar mistakes that litter the online media these days? A journalist is the last person I’d expect to have a decent working knowledge of the English language.
My bad. I forgot every journalist is a complete idiot and you’re the definitive source on pretty much everything!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would Stubbs agree to leave by mutual consent? He's under contract and if he can't play he ain't going anywhere else.

Grecian Koala

View attachment 9498

As I said, the club has chosen to go with St James Park, which is perfectly reasonable, but you can equally well make a case for St James’s Park, or even St James’ Park.

View attachment 9499
I was at that game in 71 - my first night match 6 years old - remember it well - still following the side from the other side of the world :)

Reactions: Egg

Grecian Max

View attachment 9498

View attachment 9499
Oh he’s done you there Mr Holloway 😂😂