• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

Andy Holloway

Oh he’s done you there Mr Holloway 😂😂
It's an ECFC programme from 1971, hardly The Oxford English dictionary , Roget's Thesaurus, or Fowler's English Usage.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's an ECFC programme from 1971, hardly The Oxford English dictionary , Roget's Thesaurus, or Fowler's English Usage.
None of which would have a section on SJP 😂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
None of which would have a section on SJP 😂
Surely GWR wouldn't (would not) get it wrong ?
1666737477180.png

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There’s also a historic map, which features St James’s Place, ie a place in the parish of St James, and an extract from the Grecian Archive, which makes reference to various sites in Exeter which use the St James’s prefix. In addition, Aiden Hamilton’s definitive history of the ground refers to St James’s Park throughout. Tell me, have you or Moxey ever been wrong about anything in your lives?!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 9500
They haven’t. My point is that a legitimate case can be made for St James Park, St James’s Park, or even St James’ Park. FWIW, a quick search of Google Images will reveal the station was once known as St James’ Park but, in recent years, it’s been changed to match the preferred format of the football club.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 9500
E5BFB2DE-3DBF-4B7E-95EF-A3173E7F2FFC.jpegBB92E771-7671-48CC-A005-F87565910A81.jpeg
Plainly St Davids is wrong and lacking an apostrophe.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They haven’t. My point is that a legitimate case can be made for St James Park, St James’s Park, or even St James’ Park. FWIW, a quick search of Google Images will reveal the station was once known as St James’ Park but, in recent years, it’s been changed to match the preferred format of the football club.
Not sure why this is being discussed on this thread but going by the official names:
St James's Park is in London
St James' Park is in Newcastle
St James Park is in Exeter

CraigECFC

One of the best stories of the day is that GC ordered and ate 3 barbecue bacon stacks from McDonald’s after the game. What a man.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would Stubbs agree to leave by mutual consent? He's under contract and if he can't play he ain't going anywhere else.
A lot of players do if can be agreed, As I say just me thinking aloud.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what's the feeling after the new man's first game? Team selection and substitutions worked well and they seemed well set up.
8/10 for me.