• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vincent Harper signs

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems I misheard GCs interview. My bad
I've just played it back. Re Harper, GC says 'Malcolm' has watched him , which I took to be Malcolm Crosby, even though no surname was mentioned. I *think* that's right because Crosby is scouting (whereas Flitcroft is,I think, analysis, identifying and then the mechanics of signing) But I might be wrong.

But there is then a reference to Marcus in relation to trying to identify and recruit other players. So I think, on reflection that GC is sharing out the credit re new signings.

Bridgy 81

I think Malcolm Crosby is our Chief Scout and I believe based somewhere in the north.
Maybe he’s mobile as well, although Marcus said at our recent Senior Reds meeting that we have scouts all over the country.
I was a bit surprised by the number we have, as he showed us a graphic with their locations, but was equally surprised that some/most of them are not exclusive to us.
Not quite sure how that works.
Anyway perhaps Vincent was watched by Malcolm in a couple of Eastleigh’s away games up country, as although it’s important to thoroughly check out a prospective signing in various ways, I’d personally like to see how they hold up in matches away from home especially.
I think Marcus’ responsibilities are recruitment and analysis.
He definitely physically goes to games though, as again when he spoke with us he said he was taking in two the following day.
I think that’s possible because underage matches are sometimes played on midweek afternoons and you can then find another one nearby in the evening.
If I recall correctly the two he went to were in the Home Counties/London area, so plenty to choose from around there I’d imagine.

rifraf

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree high hopes for him and could become a good replacement for when Mitchell gets snappped up by Bristol Rovers ...................

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree high hopes for him and could become a good replacement for when Mitchell gets snappped up by Bristol Rovers ...................
What's Mitchell in court for?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's Mitchell in court for?
Actual bodily Harm ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actual bodily Harm ?
Whatever training Harper had to do to end up looking like that constitutes actual bodily harm in my book.

Philecfc

I spoke to Marcus at one of the last home matches and he told me it felt strange coming to watch a match at home as he had not seen one for a long time. As he is very much out and about looking at players and opposition all the time

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 23rd birthday to Vinnie.