• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ramping up the second doses?
Across the board apparently DB. Saw a tweet from a Tory MP yesterday predicting that first doses might even get offered to 18-29 years old by mid May.

DB9

Across the board apparently DB. Saw a tweet from a Tory MP yesterday predicting that first doses might even get offered to 18-29 years old by mid May.
Can't come soon enough if it means we get back to some sense of normality. Will the youngsters be quick to get vaccinated?

Oldsmobile-88

In the US,President Biden is ramping up the vaccination programme.All adults to be offered the jab by May.
That is a huge surge in the existing programme,a friend of mine who is 63 was initially told his jab would not be until at least August.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
All over 40's to be offered vaccine by Easter! That's only 3 weeks away.

tavyred

Germany’s on/off relationship with the Oxford AZ vaccine takes another turn for the worst. 🙄

IndoMike

Apparently 17 million doses of Astra Zeneca have been administered with 40 cases of blood clotting. Whilst 40 is worse than no cases at all surely this is statistically a tiny number and not yet sufficient to warrant a pause.Not everyone who has been vaccinated will be in the best of health and many will.be elderly with accumulated health issues, so surely this is just a coincidence?

DB9

Apparently 17 million doses of Astra Zeneca have been administered with 40 cases of blood clotting. Whilst 40 is worse than no cases at all surely this is statistically a tiny number and not yet sufficient to warrant a pause.Not everyone who has been vaccinated will be in the best of health and many will.be elderly with accumulated health issues, so surely this is just a coincidence?
With any medication/vaccine there will be risks and those risks are always told before administering it, If it were just politicians saying it was safe i'd be suspicous but the WHO, EU Health bods, UK Health bods all say its safe, So to me any risk is outweighed by the benefits. But Countries banning or "Pausing" it make good headlines.

tavyred

I’m beginning to sense an EU export ban of the Pfizer vaccine.

DB9

I’m beginning to sense an EU export ban of the Pfizer vaccine.
A bit of "Emotional Blackmail" ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Germany’s on/off relationship with the Oxford AZ vaccine takes another turn for the worst. 🙄
The vaccine the EU were resorting to threats and bullying to get hold of, not so very long ago.

BTW, should that be Wurst?